Shortcuts On The Caanoo Interface

zsonance

Does anyone know how to make shortcuts to emulators on the caanoo os? a couple of them have shortcuts already , so when I go to explorer they are right there, but others I have to navigate to get to them. Any help would be awesome ! thanks

If you're talking about .ini, this is for you : http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/60320-tuto-making-ini-files/ ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
BAFelton said:
If you're talking about .ini, this is for you : http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/60320-tuto-making-ini-files/ ;)

Thanks for your help!

I tried it, I followed your instructions carefully, but I still cannot get any shortcut to appear in the caanoo browser :( What am i doing wrong?
should it matter if the folder isn't all lowercase letters?

Also, in the main menu Under "Games" how can I get shortcuts to appear there and not have to go to the explorer everytime

Just to be sure :

- when you turn on your caanoo, there's a menu with games / apps / video .... This can not be changed.

- if you want to launch an emul or a game , you have to put it in one of the directory ( games, apps or any other you want ).

If I understand your question, you want to :

- turn on your caanoo and have your favourite emu/game directly on the first menu ?

If this is it, I'm sorry, but you can't :( The Caanoo works like this.

Also : yes, the directories are case sensitive too. Check your .ini.

If you want send me by PM a copy of your game directory, I'll check it ;)

BAFelton said:
Just to be sure :

- when you turn on your caanoo, there's a menu with games / apps / video .... This can not be changed.

- if you want to launch an emul or a game , you have to put it in one of the directory ( games, apps or any other you want ).

- turn on your caanoo and have your favourite emu/game directly on the first menu ?

BAFelton,

Thanks for your tutorial, and all of your help on the forum! :)

I've had some progress, I was able to make shortcuts, and also even make custom art for the smaller .PNG files for the icons.. but now i can't seem to figure out:

- Why the bigger image banners don't show up, I can only see the small ones 26x26 png i believe

Also,

- The Games menu in the beginning page of the interface, to get shortcuts under that Link, do you have to copy them to the internal space of the Caanoo?

Thanks again for your help
Z

BAFelton said:
Just to be sure :

I don't know what happened to my other reply..it messed up.

BAFelton,

Thanks for your tutorial, and all of your help on the forum! :)

I've had some progress, I was able to make shortcuts, and also even make custom art for the smaller .PNG files for the icons.. but now i can't seem to figure out:

- Why the bigger image banners don't show up, I can only see the small ones 26x26 png i believe

Also,

- The Games menu in the beginning page of the interface, to get shortcuts under that Link, do you have to copy them to the internal space of the Caanoo?

Thanks again for your help
Z

Jeremyclark30 said:
A mates of them hit shortcuts already , so when I go to somebody they are correct there, but others I screw to guide to get to them. Any improve would be awful !Also, in the main docket Under "Games" how can I get shortcuts to materialize there and not hold to go to the soul everytime when you founder on your caanoo, there's a docket with games / apps / video .... This can not be denaturised.I've had whatsoever progression, I was fit to urinate shortcuts, and also smooth puddle pattern art for the small .PNG files for the icons.. but now i can't seem to personage out:

Jeremy,. I don't understand what you said :|

Back