Should I Buy This?

Gruso said:
Seems like this thing ticks all your boxes, but be aware that even if you could secure an order today, it would probably be a few months before it was delivered.

Given current production/shipping progress, it's looking more than likely that it'll be christmas before batch 1 is complete and shipped to pre-orderers. I'd say that batch 2 would likely be delivered between march and september next year (2011), depending on how early you manage to get your order in. Mind you, batch 2 orders aren't available yet, so the point is moot :)

And yes, I've given a very healthy bit of leeway on those predictions - but I'm sure you're all aware that even excessively long predictions tend to be overshot by a large margin, so take them with a pinch (or bucket) of salt. Batch 2 might ship before xmas, but given past performance it's very unlikely.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:
If the source is available, within reason (i.e., as long as it doesn't rely on stuff specific to x86 processors, or proprietary libraries restricted to Microsoft Windows, and things like that) something can be ported.

I know aMSN is open source, but I'm afraid I haven't heard of Emescene. I don't know if anyone is working on porting aMSN right now, though.

Congratulations on your first ninja, just now, by the way. :lol: That seems to be a forum tradition.
kouta-kun said:
ok thanks for the help, i think im sold (now i just have to track one down after i get some money :p )

also can it support amsn or emescene?

They are rewriting aMSN in python and would just work on the pandora, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
At the risk of getting flamed(!) I've decided to move on and let someone else benefit from my place in the almost legendary queue. :p

Don't get me wrong. I love the Pandora, but I promised myself I'd get something to finish my books on over the summer months.
As well as using Pandora for retro gaming I quite fancied sitting in the garden, writing a few extra chapters away from my main PC.
But, at position 3xxx that seems massively unlikely, so I've opted to buy a MID/UMPC - either the Viliv N5 or the UMID (mbook) BZ.

I'll still be keeping an eye on the project and I hope things keep going from strength to strength! :D

All the best,
Tim.
aka. CoLD SToRAGE

Back