Show off with your GP32

Rico posted on Apr 10 2003 said:
Plus the ports are coming through fast, so we'll soon have Genesis, GBA, Atari and Neo Geo to show off :)
Hmm... do you think so? AFAIK, there is just a Genesis emulator to
be made for sure... All I know about GBA emulation is, that some
people seem to think that it will never be made, or at least not the
way we expect it...

As far as Atari and Neo-Geo is concerned... Most of the information
I got about those, is that noone even knows if the GP32 would be
powerful enough to handle them. I doubt that there will be emulators
for these systems anytime soon...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Atari 2600 is practically finished, I don't know about other Ataris. Genesis can run full-speed on a GP32, and is almost complete. Neo Geo emulator is also in the works, reports have circled around. GBA is the only questionable one there, but it may only run as fast as the SNES currently does, or slower, and while there are rumours of emulators for it in development, there may be nothing beyond alpha.

Either way, eventually all these emulators will appear, whether buggy and slow, or fast and perfect ;)

- Rico

However I often accidentally confuse Atari with Amiga - the Amiga hasn't been emulated yet, although there have been various efforts (see the gp32spain postings) to get an emulator underway.

Ah stupid me... I was quite confused about your last answer, since I too confused the Atari
with the Amiga, while reading your first post... After you mentioned it afterwards, I
thought that you have made the confusion in the first place, but you didn't... So it was
my buggy brain after all.

Does anybody understand what I try to say? I doubt it... Excuse me, I had to much Scotch
this evening. :rolleyes:

Well. So there is an Atari emu. Amiga is still doubtful. Neo-Geo would be very
cool though, since I loved some of the games quite much. But I really doubt that it
will ever be possible to play Metal Slug on a GP32.

Yes, that's my question - have you heard of a NeoGeo emulator or a NeoGeo Pocket emulator?

I'm not an expert, so someone correct me if I'm wrong...

There is a released NG-Pocket Emu called NeoPop. Don't know
anything about games/speed/saves/sound.

A NeoGeo Emulator is in the pipeline, but noone knows when it's
gonna come. And since the rom size limit for GP32 is at about 4MB
or so, most NeoGeo games will probably never be supported. :(

Back