show us your naughty naked computer / pandora thread!

Sigurd

.. Why you ask!? because its off topic, and people need something to look at!

My naughty naked (and slightly dusty) PC:

p1010862f.jpg

EDIT: Hmm, tags didn't work in forum title, if anyone has the 'POWAH' to change this, please do :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can edit the thread title if you click edit on your first post in a thread (if you started the thread).

As far as i can see, you would like to do a little bit spring season cleaning. :D Remove the dust from the visible parts and clean the coolers and rotors. The dust catches air, which is a thermal isolator. Depending on your enviroment, cleaning should be done every 6 to 12 month. Normally the dust can be blown out by air or with a soft brush carefully.

As far as i can see, you would like to do a little bit spring season cleaning. :D Remove the dust from the visible parts and clean the coolers and rotors. The dust catches air, which is a thermal isolator. Depending on your enviroment, cleaning should be done every 6 to 12 month. Normally the dust can be blown out by air or with a soft brush carefully.

Cleaning! arrgghh! I can't take it, its so horrible! Can't my fans blow the dust away? I thought that was what they were made for :p

this is another thread i will be posting pics in soon...enjoy showing off my water cooling setup

Man, my computer is an embarrassment. Good processor, ok graphics, and nice power supply but in an old case salvaged from a budget PC. It is all stock cooling so it sounds like a lawn mower so I have a wireless keyboard/mouse along with a 12 foot HDMI cable that I can put my computer out in the hall(um, in my house) and shut the door so I don't have to listen to it when doing pretty much anything. It over heats horribly so I leave the side off and put it close to the floor(heat rises).

My other PC is a net-top, everything it is able to do I do on it to conserve power and retain my hearing. I still might post pics though.

Last time I powered my PC was months ago… it has never been dusted… and is an awful mess of cables/fans/tubes/ugly cables hacks
huh.gif

And I won't open my laptop
laugh.gif

woot, there's finally a use in that window I have in my case... will post pic :D

1001589.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, what is that thing thats hovering above your whole mb? it looks quite elegant, and what the hell are you cooling with that metal thing the size of a meteor and a windmill above it?

only a core i5 2500.

that thing hovering over the mobo is the mobo itself, it's a sabertooth p67

pcinnards.png

Heres mine; just like most things I own, it is very messy, but it works.

Specs are:

* AMD Phenom II x6 1055t

*4GB DDR3 Ram (I'll probably add more soon)

*Ati Radeon HD5770

View attachment 530

Heres mine; just like most things I own, it is very messy, but it works.

Specs are:

* AMD Phenom II x6 1055t

*4GB DDR3 Ram (I'll probably add more soon)

*Ati Radeon HD5770

Sweet :D , seems like a slightly overpowered processor compared to the graphics card tho :p

ok, since I was suposed to give an image with my computer opened, here is an other picture...

1001593t.jpg

you can see:

an asus sabertooth p67

an AMD radeon 6950

a noctua NH-C14

and a seasonic x650

what you can't see is a core i5 2500, a 60Gb corsair SSD + a 1Tb drive and a few other things...

long overdue...pictures were taken during a coolant refill/eradication of air bubbles in setup, causing cpu to overheat and shut down, hence the reason theres a paper clip inside the psu 24pin connector. taken before dust removal, so dont mind the dust particles, theyre gone as well

large pic warning, use open in new tab :|

IMG_20110929_152542.jpgIMG_20110929_152601.jpgIMG_20110929_152746.jpg

Back