Show us your (PC / Laptop) Desktop!

I'm in the process of getting a notebook that sports Intel's second Generation Core i5 processor. Can't wait! :D

I'm presently considering selling my MacBook Pro and getting a new Core i7 one. I've got an upgrade kit on the way which will allow me to replace my optical drive with an SSD, which should be exciting. A primary OS SSD with a good-ol-hard-drive for storing all the other crud that you don't need to access at the speed of awesome is the best combination.

If I got a new laptop, I'd install said kit immediately which probably wouldn't do my warrantee any favours.

The 13" MacBook Pro is another example of a beefed-up CPU coupled with a watered-down embedded GPU. GUH! I don't want a 15" laptop.

My desktop is a solid colour... yeah, I'm buzz-killington.

@Caine I can't tell for all the rest, but I just upload picks to image hosting, my favorite one so far is itmages.ru (it has international version - itmages.com) and post 'BBcode thumbnail' link here. Thinking of moving my pic to a server of my own, but I need to set up a thumbnailing script first.

//nice to see so many arch people here

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got to say: Holy freakin' hell, an SSD is the best money I've ever spent upgrading a computer. It's like giving an old horse a jet engine and wheels.

I love your storage readings, Cloudef. Anime: 98%

His Anime level, it's over nine...ty.

@cloudef Was the image on the right made with watercolors? It's impressive.

Just a rather vanilla Xfce on mine, with the "greybird" theme, and an image of Prometheus (right) and his sibling Pandora (left), no doubt causing trouble somewhere. :p

Prometheus_and_Pandora_Desktop.png

I felt like a change (already), so here's my current desktop background;

Lemmings_3D_Desktop.jpg

The image came from a directory on the Lemmings 3D CD-ROM (MS-DOS version), and it features some of the game's product placement quite prominently. I just found the stuffed-to-the-brim lemming hilarious, for some reason. :p

I felt like a change (already), so here's my current desktop background;

Lemmings_3D_Desktop.jpg

The image came from a directory on the Lemmings 3D CD-ROM (MS-DOS version), and it features some of the game's product placement quite prominently. I just found the stuffed-to-the-brim lemming hilarious, for some reason. :p
I didn't think lemmings lived long enough to get fat.Explains why their all so skinny really.

I didn't think lemmings lived long enough to get fat.Explains why their all so skinny really.
[Trivia]

The manual for Lemmings 3 (The Lemmings Chronicles/All New World of Lemmings) states that lemmings are like camels, except with food instead of water, and that few things can make a lemming any less pudgy than he already is, as a result. :p

[/Trivia]

Back