Shut Down Pandora When Fully Charged?

Copypasta myself from the other forum ;)

Yes, actually, it is possible. The charge circuit triggers the Pandora to come on when it detects a voltage is applied so it can start charging, but this is not actually a requirement. The "activate on voltage" can be disabled. In my experiments with the charge chip, I accidentally did so and thought I had broken it, until I read the documentation. It still can't charge while off, but as a feature to turn off when it reaches full, that's a pretty good idea. The downside is that it would then not start up again even if you unplugged it and plugged it back in again; you'd have to power it back on manually, or pull the battery for a minute to force it to reset state to default. Or maybe it could, I'll have to experiment some more.
Entirely optional, of course, and must be user activated, but totally doable. Eventually, I mean; it would have to be added to the driver, maybe with the next hotfix. I'll give it a think.

I've written a trivial script to monitor the charge light and run init 0 (shutdown has started hanging :( ) when the charging light goes out

(ie pwm != 255) !

it works as intended but obviously when it's shutdown about 10 seconds later it starts backup again

I'd love this last extra bit of information I need to complete my shutdown when changed script

I'm sure there are many other people who would like to have a script that will shut their machine down when its charged! so even (especially) if I have to turn it into an application to access the required settings I'll defiantly be releasing this when its done!

What would happen if I encounter the following scenario?

1. I'm playing out of the house, and battery drops to say, 10%
2. I come in and plug in, and continue playing
3. Charge reaches 100%

Does my pandora then shut down? Or am I missing something here?

D.

4. pandora keeps charging when voltage is 100% till battery full
5. battery starts discharging till approx 80% voltage
6. goto 3

7. I wake up in the morning and odds on the flippin battery is voltage is 80% ..... (not the 100% + full charge)

I've already given Chris the information he needed and we're working together to make his application a lot more awesome. Anyone else that wants to know how PM me. It involves installing an application that lets you poke values into places that you would normally not be able to poke and doing so can be EXTREMELY DANGEROUS IF YOU POKE THE WRONG THING IN THE WRONG PLACE! (also applies to women)

damn you just reminded me - it won't work without said application, I think I'll leave that part out so that initially its only used by "competent" people who at least have some clue and can work out what they need....

Back