Shut down pandora when fully charged?

Yes, actually, it is possible. The charge circuit triggers the Pandora to come on when it detects a voltage is applied so it can start charging, but this is not actually a requirement. The "activate on voltage" can be disabled. In my experiments with the charge chip, I accidentally did so and thought I had broken it, until I read the documentation. It still can't charge while off, but as a feature to turn off when it reaches full, that's a pretty good idea. The downside is that it would then not start up again even if you unplugged it and plugged it back in again; you'd have to power it back on manually, or pull the battery for a minute to force it to reset state to default. Or maybe it could, I'll have to experiment some more.

Entirely optional, of course, and must be user activated, but totally doable. Eventually, I mean; it would have to be added to the driver, maybe with the next hotfix. I'll give it a think.

Wow, thanks for clarification, WizardStan. I thought it's locked by hardware and there is nothing we can do about it. I would really like to have this feature.

You know, I've had a few handhelds electronics that shut themselves down after a long time of not being used. This wouldn't be too bad on an idea, I think that something like this would probably put a higher priority on opimizing the boot process. Shutting down the Pandora wouldn't just be a way to reset it or store the machine for long periods of time, but a way to (attempt to) conserve to maximum amount of battery power for the longest period of time.

Back