Significant power problem with year-old Rebirth Pandora.

BlueJelly

Despite having a near fully charged battery, my precious Pandy is having trouble booting up and staying on. It's like there's a physical object that materialises between the exposed metal of the battery and the prong thingies of the Pandy's rear at the slightest jostle. The only possible cause's that are visible to my naked eye is a crack\gap that runs from the back of the right shoulder button to the upper left click point for the battery case, and some possible scuff marks on the exposed metal of the battery itself. Neither of which I could get to show up at ALL well in pics.

Stuff i've tried:

-repeatedly sliding power switch to the right. Often takes a dozen or two attempts before it turns on, and then the slightest jostle kills it.

-removing battery and leaving it out for a while before re-insertion (doesn't work)

-cleaning exposed bit of battery with a wet cloth

I'm willing to buy a new battery, but i'd like your thoughts first. Hopefully I won't have to send it away for a check-up :(

try placing a folded piece of paper between the battery and the battery cover, so it pushes the battery into the contacts. always place your battery into the cover, the put the cover+battery on. dont put battery in first, the force the cover on

If it reboots when you rattle it, it's most probably a battery seating issue.

Do you already have a unit with padding on the left and right side inside the case (where the battery goes?)

If not, that might solve it.

Also, try cleaning the contacts with contact cleaner.

DaMummy, tried your suggestion. Didn't work.

As for yours ED, i'll give it a go. Thanks.

EDIT: Hmm, I need some specifics. Where alongside the battery do I insert the padding? As for contact cleaner, what do you recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Put it in between the top of battery and the cover.. Place on the side were the contacts are.

I'll try that TrashyMG. Specifically what do you recommend, and don't be afraid to insult my intelligence :)

I'll try contact cleaning next. If that doesn't work, I may buy a new battery from Link's shop. Hate having an unreliable Pandy.

Last edited by a moderator:
As contact pressure between prongs and battery doesn't seem to be my problem, I experimented with minutely sliding the battery around inside the battery compartment (sans cover, of course). Battery positioning differences of mere millimeters seemed to make the difference between good power flow and none, so i'm gettin' some contact cleaner.  

Back