Simon Thatham's Portable Puzzle Collection

well i implemented the level generator and it's working like a charm. U no can choose between random easy (5x5 & 6x6 grid) medium(7x7 & 8x8 grid) and finally hard (9x9 & 10x10 grid) as random levels. I also implemented some static levels for each grid size like i was going to do iniatially . So levels enough to play with this random stuff ! The game is finished as of now but i'm looking into implementing another simon's thatham game that can be run from the same engine as i have now for the game. The levels are the same but gameplay is diffrent. I'll keep u guys posted on this

Another update .... It now is a 2 in one simon thatham's game. Besides rotating pieces there's now also a sliding version where you slide the tiles vertical or horizontal except for the column / row where the start piece is. (so basicly the start piece is always on the same spot). I must tell u this game mode is extremely hard, as you will see in the video it took me almost 5 minutes to complete an easy level (3x3 grid) so u can see that a hard level (8x8 or 7x7 grid) could take u a lot of time !!!

And that's not all i'm even thinking on adding an even more crazy game mode, one where you can slide and rotate pieces at the same time i can't begin to imagine how hard that would be :)

just check out the movie to see what i mean here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITDIK6EMNiY

update:

i implemented the rotating + sliding gametype and this one is not so hard as only the sliding game type. So in order of difficulty from easy to hard we now have rotating, rotating+sliding, sliding gametype.

all that's left to do i create a few graphics for the sliding / rotating game type menu. create some static levels for it and test it a bit more to see if i can find any bugs left, maybe some more music but i can't create any and i can't find anything i like to put in the game either, i do have 2 friends that are into music i'll see what they can do.

The final game will have 3 game types (sliding, rotating and sliding + rotating), with 8 level types for each game (tutorial, easy, medium,hard, custom (for levels created with the level editor by ureself), random easy, random medium and random hard). it will have 180 static levels (levels which are not randomly generated but can be played over and over again), 60 in total for each game type, 20 for each difficulty. Random generated levels with varying grid size depending on the difficulty and game type.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back