• Worried

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not worried

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

salasq

No detailed questions, just a quick one to gauge the general level of pissedoffedness.

Might very well be that there's just a few making fuss, while everyone else ain't bothered.

In which case, I, for one, welcome our äñçü overlords.

Bramrash said:
I'm not sure we need all this....
Me neither.

But then again, I've been unperturbed with any delays we've had for the simple reason that I fully support the devs' wanting to get things perfect the first time. I'd hate to see them drop that ball so close to Day Happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I am among vocal opponents of diacritic characters on the keyboard, I do trust that the development team will eventually do the right thing. Which is why I voted (among the majority) that I am not concerned. That's my vote of trust.

And even if, at first, they put some strange or funny characters I have no use for, well, that's not the end of the world. I am sure they will correct any mistakes in the future batches, which wil turn my Pandora into unique and collectible item , buahahahah!

Am sure all will be well. However, if possible a quick current keyboard layout in the font to be used would be most welcome.

I feel like I'm cheating by being a US english speaker: I don't need any accented characters, so whatever happens, I'll at least have my alphabet intact.

I just hope the programming things like pipe and bracket aren't too hard to type. Other than that, I don't really care what they do with the design.

Bronek said:
Although I am among vocal opponents of diacritic characters on the keyboard, I do trust that the development team will eventually do the right thing.
+1, and that's why I think this poll is useless, the question is biaised and not to the point. The right question is: Are you happy if the final layout includes german only (mainly) characters, yes/no. That will give you a real idea of "pissedoffedness". Then another question would be: Are the standard special keys like ",",".","ctrl","alt","tab" etc ok for you in the current proposed official layout, yes/no/"prefer original community winner"...

With these 2 questions, then the OP team would have a better idea of the forumers (therefore the people really interested in the community and looking for this device) opinion.

Anyway, that's my last answer on the subject, let's wait for the OP team next proposal :)

Some are, some aren't.

I'm not worried because

1) I don't need special characters. I only use English and Japanese, which can be typed in an IME.

2) For nontrivial typing tasks I'll just use a bluetooth keyboard. Seriously guys, a 4.5 inch keyboard? You're not going to be writing essays with it.

I'm bothered because of where they decided to place the ctrl key, since I will need to manually remap it to a key that isn't labeled as such (which will mean I basically can't let others use my system without some decent explanation).

That aside, I suspect the final keyboard took less of the available information from these boards then I would have hoped and suspect this means us first batchers will need to remap the keys to something more suited to our tastes more so then was necessary and I hope this means we will eventually be able to order keys with the characters we want on them.

The only thing I'm worried about is the number of people that can't seem to shut up for 5 bleedin' minutes while the devs figure out their next move.
Seriously, how many "keyboard sux" threads is this now? Give it a rest already!

Olexxy said:
The right question is: Are you happy if the final layout includes german only (mainly) characters, yes/no.
German, Turkish, Spanish - the countries which, according to ED's reasoning, are first in line for their own keymaps. My main beef with this particular setup would be illogical positioning of said umlauts, anyway, which wouldn't happen with judicial use of Compose.
Olexxy said:
Then another question would be: Are the standard special keys like ",",".","ctrl","alt","tab" etc ok for you in the current proposed official layout, yes/no/"prefer original community winner"...
There's no 'current proposed official layout', ED just underestimated forumers' nitpicking when rendering;)
WizardStan said:
The only thing I'm worried about is the number of people that can't seem to shut up for 5 bleedin' minutes while the devs figure out their next move.
Gosh, it looks like we're worried about the exact same thing, then, as that's why I made the bleedin' poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back