Simplified Chinese Input?

Konscript

Still Fresh
Hey All,

I am a bit new when it comes to Linux OS so I was wondering if the Pandora would sport a simplified Chinese input method editor? If it does, would it work like the Microsoft IME where it is located in the taskbar and allow me to write in Chinese freely in most applications? I am primarily interested in using this for the general office and IM functions of the Pandora.

(Also I have found online that there is an open source Chinese dictionary called StarDict for Linux... would that install and work on the Pandora system as well?)

Thank you for any info you can find on this topic

- Konscript

I am a bit new when it comes to Linux OS so I was wondering if the Pandora would sport a simplified Chinese input method editor? If it does, would it work like the Microsoft IME where it is located in the taskbar and allow me to write in Chinese freely in most applications? I am primarily interested in using this for the general office and IM functions of the Pandora.

There are applications for taskbar which allow the switching, you can also set hot-keys. SCIM Should support Chinese input (or any other)

If stardict is open-source(I'm sorry for laziness to google atm >.<) then it's highly likely that it works, if it is for different architecture, then it is highly likely, somebody ports it, if you make nice request.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Smart_Common_Input_Method_platform Arch Linux Wiki is really great for beginners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back