Simply The Best, Better Than All The Rest...

stustaff

My F200 is arriving soon and I'm brand new to the scene.. Hello :D
Is there some magical place where i can find the first things people recommend doing to the console?
e.g what firmware should i have, things to install, a place that lists the top 10..

Music players
movie players
Homebrew
photo viewer
other stuff that I dont even know it can do...
Emulators
stuff

I am of course planning to get lots of reading done but was hoping that there may be a wiki or an faq that tells new users this sort of stuff.

Thanks muchly

Stustaff

Also, the search feature of the boards isn't that good.. You can search for stuff like this on here much better using google.. Enter this in the search box, before the text of what you are searching for:

site:gp32x.de BLAH BLAH

Last edited by a moderator:
firmware and movie player: the ones in your console, especially the firmware. If you experiment problems with weird movie formats or non-English subtitles, there are a couple of enhanced versions of old movie players out there. Do NOT touch the firmware. This is a Gp2x, remember?
music players: use a MP3 player to listen to music, man, it is more comfortable :) Anyway, the Gp2x have a good casual player. If you have especial needs, check the multimedia section of the archive.
photo viewer: the Gp2x comes with an image viewer. If you really need an image viewer, use the one in your camera. If you really, really need an image viewer, get a CRT for your computer.
Homebrew and emulators Check the Wiki and test many games by yourself. Not only is funny, but you'll get the ones that suit better to you. Some advices for emulators: Picodrive, Gngeo, Gpsp, Fce2x and the new version of Fireburn Alpha, published today <cough>. Some advices for games: any game by Alex or Ruckage, most of the games of the last GBAX (http://gbax.gp2x.de/gbax2007.html, but there are enhanced versions of most games in the archive), Doukutsu, Tilematch, Flobopuyo...

The archive: http://archive.gp2x.de/

thanks Senor Quack and juanvvc thats a real help, should get it tomorrow... cant wait.

BTW, it's "FinalBurn Alpha", and the GP2X version is called "FBA2X" for short. ;)

Back