Slaanesh.i Wonder How The New Version Of Fba Is ?

volanic said:
I wonder how the new version of fba is ?It has kept me waiting long...

Hey wait in line. ;-) Those of us looking for an update to MAME have been waiting longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow,that's also wonderful!But my worries abt Mame is if it supports big roms.I think Mame requires more RAM than FBA does so it gets less chance to play big roms.BTW,if it can,need making cache files?

volanic said:
Wow,that's also wonderful!But my worries abt Mame is if it supports big roms.I think Mame requires more RAM than FBA does so it gets less chance to play big roms.BTW,if it can,need making cache files?
Adding cache support to MAME would be quite a lot of work unfortunately. I'm hoping to get some larger ROMS working by other means.

The next release will concentrate on getting some more speed and reducing the size of the executable (so that larger ROMs can be played).

euleberlin said:
slaanesh said:
Yes I'm working on MAME4ALL currently. :)

That´s the best thing you could have said. :lol:
right after "I'm working on dinguxmb" ;]

psyched for mame4all improvements tho =D

volanic said:
We should appreciate his work.All we should do is to wait patiently.
'course we appreciate his work, didn't mean to imply otherwise =]

Tnx Slaanesh!

volanic said:
I would think that requests and other things, respectfully stated, would motivate devs because they would know that people are using their software. If I wrote a piece of software and nobody ever mentioned it, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Chris

christo930 said:
volanic said:
I would think that requests and other things, respectfully stated, would motivate devs because they would know that people are using their software. If I wrote a piece of software and nobody ever mentioned it, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Chris

I think there's a fine line between "interest" and bugging devs. I don't really know where that fine line lies. :)

I'd rather be bugged than have a silent community. Like christo930 said, it's feedback that people are using the software. Anyway, I'm not sensitive to criticism or anything else like that and not easily offended. Basically you can say what you like. :)

slaanesh said:
I'd rather be bugged than have a silent community. Like christo930 said, it's feedback that people are using the software. Anyway, I'm not sensitive to criticism or anything else like that and not easily offended. Basically you can say what you like. :)

That's good to know - I know I've been quiet because I didn't want to bug you, but I'm anxiously awaiting your next MAME release. Any idea how long it might take to release?

Back