Sleep - How many hours are you getting?

How many hours of sleep do you get per night/day?

• Total voters

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
large.gif

This year I haven't been getting MY recommended hours of sleep per night. I'm so tired of this fact :(

Also, not that ED would vote...but if ED did happen to put in his vote, I hope he picks 1 hour, because I want him to be hard at work on Pyra around the clock! :D

Anyhoot, how you? Do you sleep well?

yZgTFUg.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
around 6-7 Hours here,but not constantly.

My Cat and my Girlfriend disturb my Sleep very often and

i can not good sleep @ Full Moon.

Another Factor are many many loud Noises from Outside.

I have Helicopter Landing Zone in the Near of my Flat,Hospital Noises,loud Speaking People many Nights on the Street.

Sometimes i am so Angry that i am very near to Scream outside the Window because i only want to sleep.

Many People here in Ludwigshafen dont think about that some other People want to sleep in the Night.

(mostly barely young foreigner drunken People Groups Friday and Saturday Night)

This year I haven't been getting MY recommended hours of sleep per night. I'm so tired of this fact
The "recommended number of hours" is an average, you shouldn't force yourself to sleep longer and you shouldn't worry if you sleep more. The amount of sleep you need is the amount of sleep you get between falling unconscious and naturally opening your eyes. If that happens to be 5 hours, no problem; if it's 8 hours, you're average; if it's 10 hours, no big deal.

I generally sleep for around 10hrs, with an occasional anomaly like yesterday when I slept for 19hrs straight. It also takes me ages to fall asleep, upto 2hrs on occasion.

12 or more usually, but i also stay awake much longer resulting in an 30hr day.

I am simply not "fit" when trying to force myself into normal rythms. 

When I had a long commute and stressful job, I only slept 6 hours per night. Now it's  8 hours at least, and I feel much better everyday.

I get a Healthy 3-4 hours of sleep a night.

with a new born baby, far not enough :p
wow, congrats, mate! hope all is well?
I try not to sleep as it is a waste of time. I will get plenty of sleep when I'm dead. ;)
weird. i try to sleep whenever i can cuz its so valuable to me.

with alternating shifts in the hospital and two small kids at home i barely get to sleep at all. and yes, i think it totally sucks.

Between the midnight sun of the artic and not complete darkness during the winter when im farther south, my circadian rhythm gets messed up.

Edit: wbs updates on new children keep me awake.

Thanks, all is well :) 4 days old now! Last night we kept the baby with us and it disrupted our sleep several times, but we are slowly learning how to adjust. I heard the first 3 months are the worst :)
Ear-plugs are a bless. ;)
I get ~8-10hrs sleep usualy. Can't get well into sleep and can't get well out of sleep is the only problem. :D

I think I will skip voting since I would pick them all.  For most of my life it has been around 4 hours within a 24 hour period when averaged.  This poll seems to assumes you have a normal sleep schedule.  Sometimes I go 2 or 3 days with no sleep and then sleep for many hours when I do.  Currently I fall somewhere into the 4-6 hour per day range, and a couple days with none and a couple with 8+, per week.  In the last 2 weeks I think there was one day where I slept over 20 hours, however I had not slept in a while.

Usually 7 - 7.5 hours but less at full moon.

I'm living completely without coffee but can't imagine this to be possible for the majority of 5h sleepers here. Aging fast?

Usually 7 - 7.5 hours but less at full moon.

I'm living completely without coffee but can't imagine this to be possible for the majority of 5h sleepers here. Aging fast?
5 hours may be suboptimal, but it depends on the person.  Anything that doesn't allow your body to complete a sleep cycle (which may be 5 hours for some people) is goint to be worse, so 6 or 7 may be more of a problem than 4 or 5 hours.

I only use caffeine in the morning when I need to learn something shortly after that.  

The best length for a nap is just under half an hour.  Any more and your brain and body start getting you ready to go into deeper sleep (and you will feel tired and groggy when you wake up).

There have been interesting results from sleep deprivation studies to find out what the minimum amount of sleep someone can get for extended periods and not have major negative consequences.

Thanks, all is well :) 4 days old now! Last night we kept the baby with us and it disrupted our sleep several times, but we are slowly learning how to adjust. I heard the first 3 months are the worst :)
My youngest is three years old - last night he got me up 4 times. Usually I'm up once or twice a night to him.

D.

Back