SM64 Star Road Working?

GeBeCluck23

Has anyone got SM64 Star Road working? (For those who don't know, it's a SM64 hack someone made a while back.) If so, how?
I played it on Mupen, and it had surprisingly good speed, but Mario, Yoshi, and the Toads had no textures; (they were white.) There were also other graphical issues throughout.

I would recommend you installing Android and trying the N64 emulators on it. They have better compatibility with games then the native Pandora OS app.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Oh really? You can actually install an entire Android OS? I looked around and saw you need a beta5 something-or other OS to use Android, so I just assumed that it was an Android Emulator... So how would I go about installing an OS on top of an OS?

Oh, whoops! I just realized the beta5 (zaxxon) is the firmware, NOT the OS...

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/8871-how-to-install-android-on-your-pandora/

It's a PND. It stops most of the Angstrom processes and starts Android ones.

As for running it in Mupen natively, doesn't seem possible. I've no idea what's up with the textures but I was never able to get it to work either, unfortunately. Doing some searches it looks like a lot of emulators have problems with it, something about misaligned data in the hack.

Oh, okay. That makes sense... Thanks for the info! Of course, this just raised another question in my mind that's probably a bit of a noob question, ah well. Although, it's somewhat off-subject, so I'll start a new topic for it real quick.

Yep this one game I got working, I think by disabling lighting. I added this to the default settings in the Mupen PND. I've not played much but people pointed it out around the time I was trying to optimise Mupen's configs for performance.

Oh, okay. Cool! I know this is probably a dumb question, but how do I change the config? I opened Mupen64 Config, and I can change the options, but I can't confirm it. The "Okay," or "Confirm," or whatever it says is below the screen...

Oh okay, thanks! I clicked "video settings," and a text document came up. It said "enable lighting=1", I changed it to "0" so I assume I disabled it, but I didn't notice much of a difference...any luck with Android's Mupen? Or do you still think t can work in the one for Pandora?

Android's Mupen works ok on Pandora, but it doesn't support the nubs - everyone is hoping Paulscode will have something to show us with his Pandora port of Mupen.

As for your problem: it's the pergame config you need to change in your appdata. I will say that it seems like you have an old PND or old appdata, since I added the fix to the config in the latest PND on the repo.

there is also a per game config. i think i changed thinlks there too. it worked but was to sloww for me on a rebirth pandora.

...Yeah, still not working, they're still pure white. I redownloaded the PND and even a fresh ROM (though I still tried the original as well) and set it up on my PC. I actually did manage to get it working on Android though, and it looks beautiful! However, the speed is a bit slow, it's actually near perfect speed on the Pandora, despite the fact that Mario (and others) is(/are) white, haha. 

Okay, well don't get me wrong, the speed, as well as the scenery is great! But I was wondering if it got to the point of working really good yet.

By "really good," I mean the textures all look how they're supposed to, (or good enough at least, not white) and it has pretty good speed. Also, I disabled the lighting and it didn't seem to make any difference. There was blank textures before and after I disabled it; (also the speed was the same.)

Back