Smashgp Characters

onionfrog Posted Today, 04:45 PM
@Antoniou: iIs there any chance you dould help me with getting sounds working on some of my characters... I cant seem to get it to work...

Its the weekend that I'm at my dad's house... So that means new smashgp characters!
*Spams Smashgp with Characters*

Harpuia V.1 (He's a boss from Megaman Zero)
Ken V.1 (Streetfighter)
Chun Li V.1 (Streetfighter)
Guile V.1 (Streetfighter)

Please Leave feedback!
(Note, I may release another character or two sometime this weekend...)

Are you some sort of smash gp character making robot? I am still working on my first one.

Nice Job Mr Oniony Frog thing.

Sort of, I'm only 16 and have shitloads of spare time on the weekends..
As opposed to most people on thew forums who have full time jobs and are married...
Unfortunately i can only make characters every other weekend because my moms computer is shit...
It tends to take 2-3 hour for the whole process of making a character... Then I stay up late on the weekends, so thats plenty of time... Then I wake up, eat, and continue making characters... Take a break to play DRMD..
The process slows down if I lose inspiration or have trouble finding some nice sprites for a character...
So I suppose I am a bit like a robot on the weekends... :lol:
Btw, I'll prolly have a few more characters done by monday...

Well, I'm currently working on Forte(Bass) From Megaman
Then after that I'll probably do Megaman...
After that.. I do not know.. I have some Kyo Kusanagi sprites handy, so I may do him...
Of course since im staying at my dads until tuesday I'll prolly get more than three characters done... :)
Then eventually we'll run out of space with the expanded character loading system... :( Unless there is a third page...
Btw have you tried my new characters? What do you think?
It'll be better once i figure out how to get sounds working...
I've got viewtiful joe done but i didnt really like how it turned out so its just sitting on my hd... :rolleyes:

onionfrog posted on Mar 19 2005 at 06:15 PM said:
I'm only 16 and have shitloads of spare time on the weekends..
As opposed to most people on thew forums who have full time jobs and are married...
I´m 14 and i´m really busy in the weekends too... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I have been playing with your new characters, and I like them, specially ChunLi :) I don´t know how you manage to make that number of characters :eek: I think they only need different sprites for walking/running and some sounds. I hope we can solve that sound problem... :D

I manage to make so many characters because im actually a robot that runs on ramen noodles :lol:
Actually its because i have all day of free time on the weekend and no life... :( :) :p :)
Plus on the weekend i only require 3-7 hours of sleep...

They also need throw moves... I neglected to do that so far... because i dont know what the values do for throw moves and what the hit points do... :rolleyes:
Hope we can fix the sound problem too. Ken would be awesome with the sound effects..
HADOKEN! :D

Awesome.

Samurai Jack is my favorite character yet, just because he is so cool.
Thanks.

Its great, every time I stop playing smashgp, another character appears.

mth411

Bad news :( I got rid of my smash characters by mistake and need to start again :( I had 65% done my doom marine :( and 12% Mr Luke from star wars Noooooooooooo!

PS: Like your sig onionfrog :p

antoniou posted on Mar 20 2005 at 09:34 PM said:
Hi. I have been playing with your new characters, and I like them, specially ChunLi :) I don´t know how you manage to make that number of characters :eek: I think they only need different sprites for walking/running and some sounds. I hope we can solve that sound problem... :D

Like those characters too :) :)

Really good job onionfrog, You've earned the special note in the next release's credits :p

BTW, what is exactly the sound problem you're talking about ??? Is it a bug that is still in the game, a feature missing from charedit ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Its mainly due to me doing a bad job ripping sounds from an emulator. I didnt do it very well and there is alot of silence before and after the sounds. Antoniou helped me with this for 3 sounds as a test, so as soon as i can get a program to get rid of the extra silence in the wav files i should be able to get sounds for most of my characters working.... :)
Yay i get a special note! :) :D
I'm glad that you like my characters, I do too... :) :D

I have done 60% work on my characters.

And have ideas for people(or me) to make

Donkey Kong

Snake (form MG)

and a car :D a car character that you can be and just run other characters over :p

And I have some Q's. Will smash gp get a "story" mode like the real games. You know, with the hand boss at the end. Or other things like "100 man melee" mini games?

Im thinking about making Turner from Comix Zone for smashGP. IF i have time ill get it done but ive still got to finish Viewtiful Joe, Pulseman and Knuckles but hopefully i can find some good sprites to do Turner.
edit: wats the best sprite making program that i can get that is free? its just i found some sprite but its only a single one so i need to make more for it.

Back