Smb3

unlucky

Chop sticks Chop sticks Chops sticks
Website
Visit site
Today is a sad day i'm at the end of super mario brothers 3 the only game i've been playing on my gp32 its taken ages and its been great fun all the way.. except for world 7 that was a bit lame "_" .. What can i possibly play on my gp32 now after such a fantastic game |: (

If you go to Zophar's site and check out the hacks section you can create an entirely new version of SMB3. Mario World, you name it. :) You just take the original rom and apply the patch to it using Lunar IPS Patcher Program

Theres some really good SMB3 versions, very professional and makes it an entirely new game. I like the "Sendy's World" version of Super Mario World, since it introduces a SMB3 retro feel in graphics and stuff. On my SMC I have 400 levels of Mario :D

Hope this helps you.

EDIT: For SMB1 there is a randomizer hack that randomly selects a level after completion, perfect for the pick-up-and-play mentality you sometimes have with the GP32

500 posts, and still helping out.... :D

I think SMB3 even surpasses SMW in pure greatness. I'm not even going to mention Sonic, too controversial :) Also Lizard thanks for the link, I was looking for an IPS patcher.

No worries Rico :)

I was too poor the first time round, and so I had a Master System. But the GP32 has shown me that Mario 3 is pretty well up there in the all time greatness category.

I think Mario World was where the magic ended (as far as 2D Mario goes), Yoshis Island was good, but just didnt have "it". I'm still trying to work out what "it" is, if I do, I'll post it. ;)

you should definatelly try out "SMB3 Second Adventure" ! Its a great hack! Actually its a completely new game using the SMB3 engine, with new powerups (invisibility), and Elements, that wasn´t in the original one. And its harder to beat than the original one, but not as ridiculous hard as other hacks.

well, for me, SMB3 was my first game ever finished, and its always fun to play it. Its defiantelly #1 for me! And lizard is right. Yoshis island was fun, but there was something missing (or perhaps too much). It could be the graphics, and the music wasnt as good as the old ones either.

EDIT: just noticed, the hack wasn´t called Second adventure, but MArios adventure. here´s the site:

http://dahrkdaiz.panicus.org/cgi-bin/index.pl

'it' is a scary film made in the 80's about an evil beast of light that haunt childrens dreams only to massacre them latter on in life

'it' also had a henchman calle Penny Wise

and no, PENNYWISE IS NOT IT

yes, i added mine to my databse, but i dont remember right now, how i did it. Tell me what Hacks you have, some of them might be in my nesbase.dat, i could send that one to you, and yes, Mario 3 should work with LJGP (at least it works for me)

its probably not possible but does anyone know how to get a hacked rom (mario 3 with mario adventure) to show up in the littlejohn rom database?
Yea, I just did it using lizard808uk's links. I renamed it to MarioS, deleted the browser cache like usual, and no problems.
BTW- thanks alot lizard808uk; this is pretty cool and the tool is a really simple patcher

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, I was just playing Mario3 at my friends house the other day. Only one thing, we were playing on dreamcast, and we set it to run 1.5x normal speed. It was quite a trip watching mario go so fast, very hard getting used to, then once you are used to it going back to slow seems like you reduced mario to a crawl. I suggest some of you try increasing the speed of your older games, when it gets boring it definately adds to the excitement for awhile.

I burned a nes dreamcast disk the other day :). Excellent emulator apart from the glitches in some games (like bionic commando :(). SMB3 on speed is ace for a while though I agree ;).

I've gone back to playing the various versions of hacked Mario and now I'm completely addicted. I can't get any sleep because of this :D

This link here UltraSMW is for Mario World and where other hacks are usually "locked" this one isnt and you are free to add your own levels in using the Lunar Magic SMW Editor. Its also a compilation of the best levels featured in other hacks.

All hacks should work on GP32 as long as the rom remains within the memory limits. Eg. 4MB SNES etc.. (Fusoya's Demo World wouldnt work since it makes Mario into a 6MB file).

how do u get you get the isp patcher workin lizard?I patched the rom loaded it and it still is not in english.

Back