Smcs Won't Work

Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
Ok, it's been a lil while since I've had to ask for help with anything, but I'm stuck.

I formatted a couple of smcs on my sisters computer (running windows 98).

Now they only work on that pc, I can format, scandisk, put files and everything onto the card, but only on that pc. The cards won't work in my gp, camera or seperate card reader at all (they all either don't recognise there's a card in there or give errors).

I'm thinking maybe I can format the card to fat16 using my sisters pc, then hopefully just format the card in my gp and then leave it alone.

Buuuuuut, I'm not sure how to do that with a card reader. Can anyone give a guru a hand please :lol:confused:

Yeah, I've had a hunt to check that before. I'm on the euro firmware (1 of the best in my experience, but I think I'll flash to slubmans when I get this sorted).

Thinking about it. I might get 1 of our 32 meg cards, format that and copy the files needed to flash to slubbys firmware and see if that can format my dodgy smcs.

If that doesn't work (which I'm expecting it won't, as pc link won't format the card either) then anyone else have any ideas?

oh, and thanks for the idea davey g.

Dozer posted on Dec 21 2004 at 09:06 PM said:
Yeah, I've had a hunt to check that before. I'm on the euro firmware (1 of the best in my experience, but I think I'll flash to slubmans when I get this sorted).

Thinking about it. I might get 1 of our 32 meg cards, format that and copy the files needed to flash to slubbys firmware and see if that can format my dodgy smcs.

If that doesn't work (which I'm expecting it won't, as pc link won't format the card either) then anyone else have any ideas?

oh, and thanks for the idea davey g.
I'm pretty sure that will work, I had the same problem and slubman's firmware solved it :D.
Use the complete format not the fast one

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoorey, thanks guys. It works.

I have 3 bad blocks now, but nm.

My gp has been laying around not doing much for a while because I've had no smcs. Reesy gave me a kick up the arse with the juicy new emu though so I'm back on track :D.

Thanking you again.

Dozer posted on Dec 21 2004 at 09:32 PM said:
Hoorey, thanks guys. It works.

I have 3 bad blocks now, but nm.

My gp has been laying around not doing much for a while because I've had no smcs. Reesy gave me a kick up the arse with the juicy new emu though so I'm back on track :D.

Thanking you again.
yey :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back