Smokers - Have You Seen The Electronic Cigarette?

dosteridge

I play, therefore I am?
Website
Visit site
I stumbled across this a few weeks ago and purchased one about a week ago.

Its great, I am really impressed with it. I usually smoke around 15-20 a day but I only have a couple now. I can sit in my office and smoke it, and it does really impress people, the vapour just looks so real.

I does kind of taste like a fag, there is nicotine in there and you can inhale and exhale as normal.

I will use it to give up soon (when I'm less stressed) :blink:

Just thought I would let you know about it because everyone who has seen it, thinks its amazing but did not know it existed.

Here is a link to the one I bought (the gamucci) with a little video to watch.

The Gamucci

I looked at it. It said there was an 'aroma.' Is it strong, and noticable? Or could you 'smoke' in an office setting and not get in trouble?

I can't smell it at all, but then again I have been a smoker for 15/16 years so I can't smell anything :rolleyes:

My work colleagues don't seem to be able to smell anything either. I smoke it around my offices, no one seems to mind or complain, but I am one of the directors so they may just be trying to keep their jobs!

It does not contravene the smoking ban at all.

It would be awesome if there were cartridges containing THC instead of nicotine.
I´d also imagine there could be weird situations "hey, could you gove me a cig, the battery of mine is empty :unsure: "

Edit: Hm, dealextreme seems to have some too. No replacement cartridges though. I wonder if they are compatible?

Fishbong said:
It would be awesome if there were cartridges containing THC instead of nicotine.
I´d also imagine there could be weird situations "hey, could you gove me a cig, the battery of mine is empty :unsure: "

Edit: Hm, dealextreme seems to have some too. No replacement cartridges though. I wonder if they are compatible?
:lol: yep, you need to be carfull, I nearly through mine out the car window :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
We were discussing this at slipzone the other day.

Basically, we theorize that extracting THC and filling the cartridge with it would basically make it a vaporizer type thing.

Might have to experiment with this at some point.

dosteridge said:
Its great, I am really impressed with it. I usually smoke around 15-20 a day but I only have a couple now. I can sit in my office and smoke it, and it does really impress people, the vapour just looks so real.
You've intrigued me. I just ordered one off of Ebay. I'll let you know how it works out.

Nice stylysh stuff.

But need to be packaged with plasma gun to make you Quake 3 Sarge
sarge.jpg

I wonder if there e-cigs with magenta or green smoke :)

Damn... I would imagine it kinda feels like smoking a toy cigarette or something but this does indeed sound interesting.
Seems really good if you want to stop smoking. I think I might have to try this myself.

@Fishbong: Extracting oil is really easy. There is cheap extractor tools for it in which you just put the grass and then use lighter gas to extract the oil.

Chip said:
dosteridge said:
You've intrigued me. I just ordered one off of Ebay. I'll let you know how it works out.

xnopasaranx said:
Damn... I would imagine it kinda feels like smoking a toy cigarette or something but this does indeed sound interesting.
Seems really good if you want to stop smoking. I think I might have to try this myself.

@Fishbong: Extracting oil is really easy. There is cheap extractor tools for it in which you just put the grass and then use lighter gas to extract the oil.
Good luck you two, let me know how you find it.

@Chip, I like the look of that one, it looks more like a real cigarette than my gamuccui :rolleyes:

Pretty soon the refills are cheaper than real cigs, even with shipping :D

Until that time I'm happy with my manual ones.

Got mine a couple days ago and it's pretty cool. The cartridges don't last nearly as long as a pack of butts. Half a pack at best. But with cigarettes costing >$6 a pack here and e-cig cartridges costing <$1 each in bulk, I'm still coming out ahead. It really does work, as far as killing your nic-fits.

While glycol (the main ingredient in the cartridges) may be non-toxic, I am a bit concerned about inhaling it. I know tobacco smoke isn't exactly healthy, but I do notice a distinct "tightness" in my chest after smoking the electronic cigarette. Maybe my lungs are just used to regular smoke.

craigix said:
You wacky nicotine addicts, why don't you just take a hip flask to work like the rest of us? ;)
:D I already do, some of us have more than one vice!

@Chip, I wondered if that vapour stuff was safe, didn't notice any chest pain or anything, but it surly must be safer than smoking, what do you think?

craigix said:
You wacky nicotine addicts, why don't you just take a hip flask to work like the rest of us? ;)
You crazy alcoholics, some of us can survive on a spliff for just a work day

Chip said:
Got mine a couple days ago and it's pretty cool. The cartridges don't last nearly as long as a pack of butts. Half a pack at best. But with cigarettes costing >$6 a pack here and e-cig cartridges costing <$1 each in bulk, I'm still coming out ahead. It really does work, as far as killing your nic-fits.

While glycol (the main ingredient in the cartridges) may be non-toxic, I am a bit concerned about inhaling it. I know tobacco smoke isn't exactly healthy, but I do notice a distinct "tightness" in my chest after smoking the electronic cigarette. Maybe my lungs are just used to regular smoke.
Nothing to worry about, just the onset of enphysema.

Back