smplayer doesn't work

youve created an awful lotta threads in the support section, are you sure its the pandora, and not you?

Oh yeah it's definetely the pandora.

It keeps causing new problems with the awful software, which are created for it.

really....maybe try reading around a bit more before creating more threads, especially check all the pinned threads throughout the boards

When i start smplayer it comes with error code message,when i click it starts to work,how can i get

rid of the error.

For saying it me has the problem,i don't think so,the developer who make software on pandora leave loads of bugs,which they don't know themself,so need our help to tell them if they are any bugs,well no one can make perfect program,just look at microsoft os vista having not many xp software work and win 7 having big compatibilty problems with printers,scanners and video drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
smplayer is a GUI QT-frontend for mplayer. Hence, you need mplayer. This is not an error. For someone who claims to have high regards for computer engineering, you certainly lack the ability to operate anything but Windows. Do note that all this is open source software being ported to the Pandora. The original developers are often not involved.

When i start smplayer it comes with error code message,when i click it starts to work,how can i get

rid of the error.

smplayer was packaged by Ivanovic - he mentions the error message you're getting on the gp32x forum post:

Ivanovic said:
Beside this you will likely get some error message about mplayer exiting with an error while starting. I got no idea where this error message comes from, but it is clearly not harmful. You can just open a file like you usually would and it works.

Yes you are right about that,well it's not harmful,it's just annoying to see the exit error code everytime.

I've already installed community codec pack,the mplayer you are talking about is that the gnome player.

Possibly because he isn't aware of PanPlayer and how great it is.

Check it out here

Well, gnomemplayer is just a frontend, like smplayer. Mplayer is the commandlinetool behind this.

I have used panplayer,it's not very good player.

Vlc is one of the best player because it can play flv,avi,vob,rmv,quicktime formats,i doubt panplayer can play all of these.

Panplayer hardly shows any videos just blank page everytime.

Who cares about resoutions,when vlc can play more formats without command lines,panplayer is annoying and some videos don't display full screen and vlc has so many different screen sizes from 4.3,16.9,16.10 and many others,it's incredible player in my opinion.

Well if others want to play 720p videos that's there problem,i don't want to play 720p videos,so i don't bother with it.

I don't have any 720p videos so i'm not interested.

you can change aspect ratio in panplayer quite easily with a little editing on the conf file i believe, check panplayer thread for more detail

Back