Smsplus2x V0.5 Released

Paradox

oh em gee
Website
Visit site
just thought i'd start a discussion topic for the emu, as there doesnt seem to be much interest in it, but i really like SMS/GG emulation, and hope efegea continues to work on it and maybe we'll have a nicely polished SMS/GG emu ;)

you can count on a donation from me anyway when im a bit less broke..hehe

the sms was my first home console :D sonic chaos was the 1st game i completed the sms means alot to me but this emu is buggy (could just be me) whenever i start a game it flickers to the main menu and the goes into the emu then during play the menu flashes in the background :( its sad if anyone could help me i would much apprecate(spelling?) it :) help me relive chrismas day 1991 :) thank you

(ps i really do need help dont i)

i dont get that, so it must be something on your end, everything ive tried runs full speed anyway, with sound.

really like to see scaling though, cause the screen is TINY!

also needs:

SDL_ShowCursor (0);

in the menu, hehe.

arr mine is @ full screen maby thats why ifs going tits up i will have a look at the script one min

edit: hmm i dont know y but i thourght there was a script in there with it theres not :S oh well could there be a reason why mine is full screen and yours isnt?

i'm hoping that when alegro lib is finished someone ports MEKA (iirc its programmed in alegro) which imo has always been the best sms/gg emu plus it does a few other systems like coleco

but with meka ive noticed that it is the only emulator to actually display gg games correctly in fullscreen in a rectangler format and not square (so it looks more like it did on the original screen) which ive not seen in any other emu plus the sms games dont have that extra empty line down the left side

though in the mean time smsplus works decently the only problem i have with it is the audio exit bug and the sound rate seems to be quite low

arr mine is @ full screen maby thats why ifs going tits up i will have a look at the script one min

edit: hmm i dont know y but i thourght there was a script in there with it theres not :S oh well could there be a reason why mine is full screen and yours isnt?
I would imagine that the game is full screen on yours but not on Paradox's, because you are playing the Master System version and he the Game Gear one. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm hoping that when alegro lib is finished someone ports MEKA (iirc its programmed in alegro) which imo has always been the best sms/gg emu plus it does a few other systems like coleco

but with meka ive noticed that it is the only emulator to actually display gg games correctly in fullscreen in a rectangler format and not square (so it looks more like it did on the original screen) which ive not seen in any other emu plus the sms games dont have that extra empty line down the left side

though in the mean time smsplus works decently the only problem i have with it is the audio exit bug and the sound rate seems to be quite low
Allegro is a bit less efficient than C+SDL on the GP2X at the moment (and more buggy).

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone have the email address or anything for the author of smsplus2x? since ive been wanting to contact im to report the audio bug

Back