Snes Emulator

Actually, it is worthwhile to learn how to search you noob, and it is helpful. I told both of them why in that reply. I need not explain how it is useful if you are too stupid to understand.
Who you calling noob/stupid?!
Stop writing false arguements against me as well. I never said that it is not worthwhile to learn to search.
I said:
Do you actually believe that being an asshole to people makes them want to learn how to search?
Whereabouts in that did I mention searching not being a worthwhile skill? (rhetorical question dumbass! ;) )

And that is true. How is pointing someone to a search page going to make them any better a searcher (they could of got there really easily themselves, and a post telling them to search next time could easily be melded into some help - that would make them listen), most people who couldn't be bothered to search in the first place don't bother to search in the second place (or already have and could not find anything).

What is helpful though is showing people how to do google searchs of www.gp32x.de in order to get past the fact that you can't search for anything less than 4 characters long...
E.g. A google search done like so:
GP2X SDK site:www.gp32x.de

Now that is useful.
If you just ask people to search every time they ask a question you just end up with loads of useless threads that hamper people searching in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hanz™ posted on Oct 21 2005 at 04:42 PM said:
Actually, it is worthwhile to learn how to search you noob, and it is helpful. I told both of them why in that reply. I need not explain how it is useful if you are too stupid to understand.
Who you calling noob/stupid?!
Stop writing false arguements against me as well. I never said that it is not worthwhile to learn to search.
I said:
Do you actually believe that being an asshole to people makes them want to learn how to search?
Whereabouts in that did I mention searching not being a worthwhile skill? (rhetorical question dumbass! ;) )

And that is true. How is pointing someone to a search page going to make them any better a searcher (they could of got there really easily themselves, and a post telling them to search next time could easily be melded into some help - that would make them listen), most people who couldn't be bothered to search in the first place don't bother to search in the second place (or already have and could not find anything).

What is helpful though is showing people how to do google searchs of www.gp32x.de in order to get past the fact that you can't search for anything less than 4 characters long...
E.g. A google search done like so:
GP2X SDK site:www.gp32x.de

Now that is useful.
If you just ask people to search every time they ask a question you just end up with loads of useless threads that hamper people searching in the future.

ah, you know, I think I take everything back. I'll try to stop flaming from here on out, despite how much korup7 irritates me. Something tells me he's going to dig his own grave in time.

My apologies for the flames.

Auritribe posted on Oct 21 2005 at 06:20 PM said:
To be honest, looking at pspupdates.com , you have far more to fear from that crowd than slashdot. They're far worse I think.

That's exactly what I fear. People used to teenagers, whose view on games/systems is somewhat Highlander-ish, "there can only be one, and if you think otherwise, you are a retard". Even if they embrace the concept of more than one machine, and come here, the general attitude might have rubbed off on them. If someone dares to think differently, or ask, "what RPG/FPS/GCS is the best", they shout at them for not knowing the "right" answer, and then at anyone disagreeing with their truth...

Bah, maybe I'm overly pessimistic about the youth on 'Net...

Then there are those who have played all GTA games on PS2, and consider themselves experts on gaming... Punks! I was exploring the mines of Apshai when you weren't even born yet! I was dodging lasers in my Cobra Mk III when you wre still in diapers! Phuh...

Jarska333 posted on Oct 21 2005 at 04:58 PM said:
Auritribe posted on Oct 21 2005 at 06:20 PM said:
To be honest, looking at pspupdates.com , you have far more to fear from that crowd than slashdot. They're far worse I think.

Bah, maybe I'm overly pessimistic about the youth on 'Net...

No, don't worry, you're not.

We really are that bad. I'm worried about that too, I think this is a good community, and I just hate to see what I had seen. I also dont want to destroy it myself. Yes, I feel I was a bit overzealous, but I expect to see alot more 'RTFM N00B' jerks running around the forums. I wanted to stomp on one of them before the army came, sorry ^-^;

We really are that bad. I'm worried about that too, I think this is a good community, and I just hate to see what I had seen. I also dont want to destroy it myself. Yes, I feel I was a bit overzealous, but I expect to see alot more 'RTFM N00B' jerks running around the forums. I wanted to stomp on one of them before the army came, sorry ^-^;
Yes its true, but we are really like that in this community, or atleast any decent gaming forums.

Hanz™ posted on Oct 21 2005 at 06:21 PM said:

Yes its true, but we are really like that in this community, or atleast any decent gaming forums.

You're really like what, the thing I dread?? I'm confused, sorry.

Auritribe posted on Oct 21 2005 at 07:48 PM said:
Hanz™ posted on Oct 21 2005 at 06:21 PM said:

You're really like what, the thing I dread?? I'm confused, sorry.
We (the youth on the net) really are like what you dread. But not in a proper gaming community like here.

Jarska333 posted on Oct 21 2005 at 09:58 AM said:
I was exploring the mines of Apshai when you weren't even born yet! I was dodging lasers in my Cobra Mk III when you wre still in diapers! Phuh...

You sense the presence of another old fart! -more-

Back