Snow Day !

ive only had a few speckles of snow today.dount we'd have a snow day if it was a blizzard. the new headmaster is obsessed with never closing the school.

I live in Toronto. For at least 10 years (as far as I can really remember), school has NEVER closed because of snow, even though we get more of it than you wussies in the US. :) (well, most of the US)

Earlier this winter, the temperature was around -35 C for several days (I imagine most of you here don't know how cold that is... :( ), and that was even without factoring in the wind, which made it closer to -50 C. And school STILL didn't close! :blink:

The only time I've seen school close here (for PART of the day) was when there was a huge storm a few years back, with winds whipping around the place at 100 km/h. We were allowed to stay at home until 12:00 or so, by which time they had died down to just 65 km/h. ;) Some people even came to school on time... :eek:

Honestly, I sometimes think Torontonians are just too stupid to know when the weather's bad. :p

Every time it gets down to 0 F (which I think is close to -35 C), we get a 2 hour delay and we have easily had -20 F a dozen times. Our district administrator is pretty picky though. A bit of a moron too. One time, we got 5 inches of snow from 5:30 AM to 7:00 AM without so much as a delay and yet another time, we had a cancelation and there were slight flurries and some rain.

EDIT:
I live in Milwaukee, all the snow's melting today....

Yeah, it was 62 F here yesterday and it will get warmer today. I can't wait for the snow to melt. BTW, people always ask if the real Punxsutawney is anything like the movie Groundhog's Day so I need to ask you this: Is the real Milwaukee anything like Happy Days? :p

Every time it gets down to 0 F (which I think is close to -35 C), we get a 2 hour delay and we have easily had -20 F a dozen times.

No, obviously you do NOT know how cold -35 C is... ;)

In Fahrenheit, that's -31.

-50 C is -58 F.

How's THAT for cold? :blink:

Back