So..is It Worth Buying A Gp2x?

G

Goemon4

Well i havent really been paying to much attention to the GP scene lately (with my minimal involvement with iPL) and im wondering is the gp2x worth getting yet? i say that cause i remember, a while back that the gp2x had terrible battery life, took a minute or so to boot up, had firmware issues etc...i heard about the release of the MK2 model and im wondering if it improves on these issues? (i know it improves on the joystick, but the rest im unsure about) also, how is it living up to the gp32's legacy? (game/app/emu wise) cause i cant imagine a handheld beter than my gp32 :D

thanks
-Goemon4

(also can i hook it up to my mac, or is a card reader all i need?)

Wellnif you searched a bit you could find all those answers,
but from memory i think you can connect a gp2x to a mac, card reader is a better thoough
MKII model is good, you need to tilt the screen a bit to get the best view though (aprently no one minds doing this)
Battery life is now 4h<
firmware issues are solved
and the gp2x has sold many units now, some commercial games and more planned. People selling the gp2x are planning to go main stream.

The MK2 doesn't really make the gp2x better. All the problems you stated were firmware issues and were all resolved a while ago.

thanks for the replies, i am eager to buy a gp2x (when i get the money) and sry for not searching (i posted this right before i went to bed)

ty
-Goemon4

It reduces the diagonal bias - basically it's the way it should have been mounted in the first place :p

- Alex

so can earlier versions (Versions without the rotated stick) be modded by just opening it and rotating it 45 degrees?

Last edited by a moderator:
so can earlier versions (Versions without the rotated stick) be modded by just opening it and rotating it 45 degrees?
Unfortunately not. Radek's got a d-pad mod for mk1's on the way though that should beat even the rotated stick.
Is it only for MK1s?
Yeah, basically. There were some changes made to the mk2's apparently that make it impossible to directly use his kit on them, but he says he should be getting a mk2 soon and he'll revise the kit so that there's one for them too. He mentions it here (post #253).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back