Is This Server Worth It?

8 mega byte* is more then fast enough for a server to run on! especially a source one! each player needs no more then afew kbs upload/down load, trust me, because iv ran a 8 people server on dsl and people werent laggining over 80ms!

I'm getting tired of these shitty upload rates. For instance, my Blueyonder 512kb connection came with 128kb upload. They upgraded me to 1mbit over time (for free) but the upload stayed at 1/8th.

However, with their rollout of the 10mbit service (my service will be freely upgraded to 4mbit and 4mbit users are moving up to 10) they promised higher upload rates, so they might be worth considering. I think it's £35 a month for 10mbit, though.

too late, already done the papers for bulldog, and im not too bothered at £17:50 a month, my dsl was 512kbs and that was 20 quid, with out phonebill included! now bulldog give me free phone bills at any time, accept for mobiles, they <3 me!

EDIT* i dont even have to change my phone number, even better!

I be weary of Bulldog... Crappy customer service and the line is down half/all the time... also very few people actually get true 8mb speeds, many will average around the 2... see how lucky you are...

Why dont you use a host? I have 2 servers at the moment, 26 slot Soldier of Fortune 2 and a 40 slot Call of Duty United offensive.

The COD server is pretty expensive but this site:

www.escapedturkey.com so a 26 man CS server for $25 per month thats about £12.50

Well worth it, you will get much better performanvce than one you have at home on a DSL connection, I ran a server on my 2MB connection (256k upload) and it lagged after 4 players!

Good Luck,

Steve.

thanks for a reply, i said in my other topic im getting 8mb broadband in 2 weeks :) and a new computer for 480 quid, bloody nice it is! specs are gorgeous also legit!

not to sure about paying for a server though as i want it for many other things such as hosting radio stations and all that....

yaustar posted on Aug 25 2005 at 08:14 PM said:
I be weary of Bulldog... Crappy customer service and the line is down half/all the time... also very few people actually get true 8mb speeds, many will average around the 2... see how lucky you are...

i guess it all really depends where you live, if i get crappy service and im angry, they'll know, or atleast the robot computers will :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back