so let me get this straight-overclocking

zboy9

かっこいいね。
I have read many things about overclocking on this forum, and about Craigs experiment. I just have one question to straighten this out: So it is ok to overclock, as long as the GP32 itself does not get hot and the screen does nothing funny, and then as soon as it does, turn it off and it should be ok? I turned mine up to 150 mhz on GPCinema, and it seemed to be fine, but my movie was just 20 mins.

Well, hard to say.
It looks like it's safe as long as the LCD doesn't get hot... but we can only be sure if we don't have anyone with a broken LCD in the next months...
A lot of people (including myself) are overclocking since craigs test, no one seems to have any problems until now... but that was only two weeks ago...

yeah, I haven't had probs yet, but I wanted to see what others said. THanks evildragon. :)

I have been doing it since I tried the GBA emu. I dont see why people are so afraid. The whole gp32 doesn't get hot at all acording to craig, even the cpu. Even on a hot day it was fine, no problems for me but mine is a full blown over-clocking expert, not crashes on any setting and any emu.

Well, just what do you mean by a "hot day"?? I ask you because here in Spain a hot day means temperatures above 35 ºC, and i think ambient temperature is something to be aware of...

Back