So what's happening here?

Darkknight512

Got permission to steal the gym for an hour at school to fly my quad copter

:)

IMG_0038.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an old photo, I took apart the quad yesterday and cleaned up the wiring.

It is a bit heavier then it should have been, 450 grams with the battery. The arms are made of carbon fiber, the center plates are made of some lexan I found at work and machined on the manual mill. Almost everything is held down by some scotch tape and zipties.

The board in the middle is the Aeroquad mini board with 3 axis accelerometers and 3 axis gyros, cpu power provided by an Arduino Pro Mini.

The battery is a 1.6 Ah 2s, 8.4 volts fully charged.

Not shown are the 6x3" props. The motors are 20 gram Hextronik motors rated for about 5 amps at full RPM with 6x3" props. 18000 RPM free speed. They are each controlled by a Turnigy Plush 10 amp brushless DC motor controller.

one battery pack is now fully charged, charging the second one now, though one of it's cells are 0.07 volts out of balance so I slapped it on the balancer, it really should be maximum +/- 0.01 volt from each other.

283016_10150713599015052_660645051_19679661_337780_n.jpg

Pics of the chopper please.

*childish giggle*

I saw that too..

Is this a home-made chopper then? Looks pretty heavy. Can we see video footage of it flying please?
Yea, it is a home-made quadrotor. It weighs 450 grams, about 75 grams heavier then it should be really, but it still fly's very well.

Just got back from school, awesome "practically" first flights. I'm still learning to control it and the software settings are not perfect yet so it is a little drifty, a little twitchy, and as you will see at the end of the video also a little crashy. Editing together the clips now.

The camera was set to compact mode so I am going to apologize for the quality now.

Back