[SOLVED] Community Codec problem

Donna

Still Fresh
I recently got my special edition Pandora from Link's shop (thanks Link!). Having a great time with it. So far the only problem is I haven't been able to get the community codec pack to install. The Pandora has the Super Zaxxon, beta 1.1 firmware.

I have downloaded a few other pnd files to my SD card (Claws Mail, Dink Smallwood) and they run fine. When I download the community codec pack it doesn't show up in any menus, and trying to run MinAmp returns an error that the community codec isn't installed. I try to execute the pnd from the SD card & nothing. It installed in pandora/menu folder on the SD card.

I have restarted the Pandora a couple times, but still nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, try to put the PND in /pandora/desktop instead of /pandora/menu , in order to see if it shows up on the desktop as it should, and can be executed from there.

If this doesn't work, then the best thing I can suggest is to redownload the PND and try again.

I hope this helps in some capacity! :)

Firstly, try to put the PND in /pandora/desktop instead of /pandora/menu , in order to see if it shows up on the desktop as it should, and can be executed from there.

If this doesn't work, then the best thing I can suggest is to redownload the PND and try again.

I hope this helps in some capacity! :)

Moved to /pandora/desktop. No luck. :(

I'll try to redownload...

Finally got it working! Thanks to Prometheus for the suggestion. The first time I redownloaded the file it didn't work. I moved the file to the desktop folder instead. Still didn't work initially. I went back through the folders and found what must have been a failed download in another folder (the file size was just over 100k). Deleted that file & now it installed fine. Thanks!

Back