[Solved] Exaile won't start

thatgui

Advanced Member
Is Exaile working one any pandora with HF5 ?

It simply won't start in my case. If I start the pnd, the splash screen pops up for 2 or 3 seconds, and then I am back at minimenu/xfce desktop. The exaile.pickle.out file states a TypeError in /lib/exaile/exaile.py "argument must be a GstElement".

Help anyone ?

Edit: I tried two different versions of exaile an always deleted the configs in the home dir - no effect

Solution: Just install the codec pack

Last edited by a moderator:
Exaile works fine for me using HF5 and Exaile 0.3.1.0

Not sure what the problem could be at your end, have you got your SD card set up correctly as per the user manual?

A long-shot, as I'm sure you already have, but do you have the Community Codec Pack installed?

Exaile works fine for me using HF5 and Exaile 0.3.1.0

Not sure what the problem could be at your end, have you got your SD card set up correctly as per the user manual?

I have setup the card as described (I think otherwise Minimenu/XFCE Menu would list it at all)

A long-shot, as I'm sure you already have, but do you have the Community Codec Pack installed?
But maybe a good one, will try that - but why is it necessary ? ... why isn't there a face-palm smiley ? (wo)man, I am dumb as a rock.

Thanks both of you for wasting your time with my silly questions

But maybe a good one, will try that - but why is it necessary ? ... why isn't there a face-palm smiley ? (wo)man, I am dumb as a rock.

Thanks both of you for wasting your time with my silly questions
It's necessary because codecs for formats like MP3 cannot be included with most Linux distributions for legal reasons (it's down to the individual to determine their status in their locality, and decide whether or not to install them). Thus, when an app such as Exaile, which needs those codecs to be present, can't find them, it won't work. :p

I notice that the topic title now has a "[solved]" tag in it - how did you fix it, in the end?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back