[SOLVED]My Pandora Dream Has Come To An End...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should make a shenmue type game... all about trying to find a Pandora that was stolen by... why not make an entire remake of shenmue lol. I'd buy it if it was good enough.

RoboShmup said:
I'm looking for sailors. Do you know where I can find some sailors? They might have my Pandora.

XD HAHAHAHAHA

but seriously, wouldn't Lan Di have the pandora? instead of that mirror thing?

why not just do an entire shenmue hack that swaps the mirror for the pandora. and changes a bit of dialogue... we might need some voice actors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could do some voice acting! I have a wide range of voices, including a deep geeky well articulated nerd voice, and, a slightly higher pitch deep geeky well articulated nerd voice. Also, I can whisper!

craigix said:
How would it backfire exactly? The court would look upon the story exactly as we have - but it would never get to court because the little shit would know he would be humiliated.

Don't back away from showing thieves exactly who and what they are. It's that attitude which let's them continue with their activities. Expose them.
As long as the thief hasn't been convicted being a thief you can't call him a thief. If you call him a thief and make sure he loses his job and doesn't get an other job, because everybody in his town thinks he's a thief, he could sue the other way around because he doesn't get a job. It's irrelevant if he commited the crime as long as this hasn't been decided at a court.
Even if these two things get mixed together it might lead to a settlement where he get's compensation because he loses more than PokeParadox, who got his Pandora back after all.

This is just theoretical blah-blah, but these things aren't as easy as you might think.

mali said:
craigix said:
How would it backfire exactly? The court would look upon the story exactly as we have - but it would never get to court because the little shit would know he would be humiliated.

Don't back away from showing thieves exactly who and what they are. It's that attitude which let's them continue with their activities. Expose them.
As long as the thief hasn't been convicted being a thief you can't call him a thief. If you call him a thief and make sure he loses his job and doesn't get an other job, because everybody in his town thinks he's a thief, he could sue the other way around because he doesn't get a job. It's irrelevant if he commited the crime as long as this hasn't been decided at a court.
Even if these two things get mixed together it might lead to a settlement where he get's compensation because he loses more than PokeParadox, who got his Pandora back after all.

This is just theoretical blah-blah, but these things aren't as easy as you might think.

From the sound of things, this guy doesn't know this forum exists - but yeah - The Law can be a strange beast indeed. However, I do agree releasing a game based on this would be a cool basis for a game, maybe a OpenBOR mission set with the final boss of each stage running away pleading innocence, then on the final stage you have to beat him till he drops the pandy! yay!

HEY HEY HEY!!! (fat albert lol)

how about we make a beat-em up like the "Dragon Ball GT: Transformation" for the GameBoy Advance for the Pandora. you travel the planets collecting your SD cards. And in the end you have to fight the theif who turns into a gigantic dragon and then you get your pandora and return home.

the title:

cant tink of one...

Com64 said:
HEY HEY HEY!!! (fat albert lol)

how about we make a beat-em up like the "Dragon Ball GT: Transformation" for the GameBoy Advance for the Pandora. you travel the planets collecting your SD cards. And in the end you have to fight the theif who turns into a gigantic dragon and then you get your pandora and return home.

the title:

cant tink of one...

HEY HEY HEY, yeah, maybe one of the bonus missions could be a quest to find the missing charger, only when you complete the bonus mission, turns out it was not missing :D

I would go mystery on this. "Where in the World is my Pandora?"

"There is a flag of an eagle and a snake where the Pandora had been sitting..."

Gerix said:
I would go mystery on this. "Where in the World is my Pandora?"

"There is a flag of an eagle and a snake where the Pandora had been sitting..."

lol I have the game "where in the world is carmen sandiego?" for PC. Anyone want it? lol. Its a fun game.

Glad to see you got your Pandora back Poke. =) Hope whoever stole it gets a bad dose of karma for it.

I found the perpetrator and he has been...dealt with.

It puts the lotion on it's skin.

------------*chant*--------------
His name is Ryan Benford!!!
:p

Though a story like this never truly has a happy ending, it has ended a way lot better than I expected.

or else it gets the hose again...

Well... seems things keep driving me to disbelief recently... basically the generous Pandora donor who does want to remain anonymous... has left the Pandora 2nd batch spot with me. So basically there is a Pandora up for grabs because I don't need 2!

I want to donate as a prize for a competition as this is giving back to the community in the fairest way I can think of, ideas?

EDIT: Maybe a Pirate Games competition... create the best "Find the stolen Pandora" game using Penjin?

PokeParadox said:
or else it gets the hose again...

Well... seems things keep driving me to disbelief recently... basically the generous Pandora donor who does want to remain anonymous... has left the Pandora 2nd batch spot with me. So basically there is a Pandora up for grabs because I don't need 2!

I want to donate as a prize for a competition as this is giving back to the community in the fairest way I can think of, ideas?

EDIT: Maybe a Pirate Games competition... create the best "Find the stolen Pandora" game using Penjin?

A massive raffle. Gotta love a raffle.

Have a um... random draw for people who haven't ordered, and cant afford one... people like me ;)
or a um ... contest... where everyone has to say why they need it the most.

although it would exclude me (baring some code learning miracle) I think a coding competition would benefit the community best.

-can't believe the mystery man (woman?) is letting you keep the extra Pandora :blink: what a story this is turning into!

MonkeyChops said:
although it would exclude me (baring some code learning miracle) I think a coding competition would benefit the community best.

-can't believe the mystery man (woman?) is letting you keep the extra Pandora :blink: what a story this is turning into!
Yes I was thinking it's a Pandora for a lucky coder and more software for the community... The problem with offering it to coders is they likely have a Pandora already... I'm in disbelief... What a wacky few days it's been!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back