[SOLVED] Pandora stuck in a loop trying to boot minimenu

Revenged

Still Fresh
I've set up my Pandora so it boots straight into minimenu, and I've hidden all other categories other than my self-made "favourites". Now, for some reason, it doesn't seem to recognize my SD card anymore and therefore can't find any PNDs. It goes "Setting up menu -> Looking for applications" and then starts this all over again. Rebooting and/or removing battery doesn't help.

Okay got it working. It seemed that a screw up file on the SD card was causing it. I copied the files to my new card and then formatted the old one. Now both are working.

Still, it seems that if you set up your minimenu like I did and then remove your SD cards, it won't boot up. Guess you just should not do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dig up that thread ...

I have the same kind of problem : after configuring minimenu to hide some folders, when i reboot it goes "Setting up menu -> Looking for applications" and then starts this all over again ...

I tried to put a mmenu.conf i found on the Internet on a SD card in a folder called pandora\mmenu but it doesnt help ... same problem it loops.

Do someone have an idea to resolve it ? a minimenu reset or a way to switch to xfce when booting ?

you would need to get to a prompt to type in "stopmmenu" and "startxfce4"

Shutdown your Pandora, start it up, and hold R1 (right shoulderbutton). You should get into a menu, select "Boot in CLI mode" and press button B to confirm/enter.
Log into the system with your credentials. Now type "stopmmenu" and "startxfce4" (this did not work for me, I had no user access to certain parts of X; a normal reboot worked)

edit: Under root you do get a GUI, but no mouse.

Last edited:
you would need to get to a prompt to type in "stopmmenu" and "startxfce4"

Shutdown your Pandora, start it up, and hold R1 (right shoulderbutton). You should get into a menu, select "Boot in CLI mode" and press button B to confirm/enter.
Log into the system with your credentials. Now type "stopmmenu" and "startxfce4" (this did not work for me, I had no user access to certain parts of X; a normal reboot worked)

edit: Under root you do get a GUI, but no mouse.

Boot in CLI mode (Kernel 3.2) is working but

stopmmenu result is :
xfwm4: no process killed
nmwrapper: no process killed

startxfce4 result is :
Starting X server
Fatal server error:
Cannot open log file "/var/log/Xorg.0.log"

After booting in CLI mode, maybe i can delete in sudo mode some minimenu conf files in /etc/pandora/ ??

Or should i better reflash SuperZaxxon 1.76 on a fresh SD card ?

Fastest thing is to reflash.
If you want an X, then "sudo chown $USER /var/log/Xorg.0.log" and I had to
echo "echo 12"> /usr/bin/mcookie

before a sudo startx (but it's not runlevel 5, so some things are not started).

I'm gonna reflash, I also broke mine. too bad for the .bashrc I need to copy

Reactions: rSl
Back