[SOLVED] Problems Switching GUIs

Manic Miner

Still Fresh
Pandora boots up OK into MiniMenu, then When trying to switch from MiniMenu to Xfce I get this message.....

Could not look up internet address for xxxxx xxx.

This wll be prevent Xfce from operating correctly.

It may possible to correct the problem by adding xxxxx xxx to the file/etc/hosts on your system

Been in there and xxxxx xxx exists in hosts.

I can continue through into Xfce at that point.

------------------------------------------------------

Then once in Xfce I cannot switch GUI from Xfce to MiniMenu, message recieved is.....

Failed to receive a reply from the session manager

Session manager must be in idle state when requsting a shutdown

Also cannot logout from Xfce same message as above.

So have to force shut down, then reboot to get to MininMenu.

-------------------------------------------------------

This all started after doing this.

sudo fdisk /dev/mmcblk0 't' then '83' to change the partition type to linux, then 'w' to save.

I tried flashing to Hotfix 7 Beta 1 to no avail, problem persists.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you describe was a typical symptom of a bad flash of the OS. You may want to reflash to the last stable Hotfix (which is still Hotfix 6, as far as I know, at the time of writing), and see if that helps it.

What you describe was a typical symptom of a bad flash of the OS. You may want to reflash to the last stable Hotfix (which is still Hotfix 6, as far as I know, at the time of writing), and see if that helps it.

I reflashed back to 6 and you are right it has solved the problem, thank you very much, just needed the nod in that direction before trying it :) :)

Glad to be of assistance. :)

You might want to report the issue you encountered with Hotfix 7 Beta 1 in the relevant thread, so that it can be looked at and, hopefully, fixed.

As far as this thread goes, though, I'll mark it as solved, now. :p

Back