[SOLVED] Re: Scummvm

misterkev

Still Fresh
Hi,

Not posted here before. I'm a relative newcomer to the Pandora, having only found out about it 4 months ago, but the first time I saw it I asked 'where have you been all my life?'. Long story short, my wife got sick of me going on about it so for my birthday last week she got me one. Lovely woman! She went the eBay route in the absence of any other way at present, so I confess to feeling a little guilty when she gave it to me. That lasted all of 30 seconds though, once I got it up and running and was lost for the weekend.

So anyway, introductions out of the way, on to my point. I'm a big fan of point and click games, so the first thing I downloaded was ScummVM. Easy to set up and use, so far so good. But I was wondering if there was any chance that it might be updated soon? I have a couple of games I play on the PC on the newest version that aren't supported on v1.2.1 (or whatever it is that the Pandora runs), and would like to play them on the Pandora too. Not that it matters unduly, as there are plenty of other games for me to be going on with, but just wondering. Would also love to play STTNG A Final Unity, but dosbox returns a fatal error message when I start it and ScummVM doesn't support it yet. Still, as I said, there's no shortage of great games to be going on with so I am not too upset.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who helped in making my birthday a happy one, and I look forward to many happy hours/days/years spent with my Pandora

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for reply. I'd looked on these forums, but didn't think to check the gp2x one. Lesson learnt.

Residual WONT be merged into ScummVM.

ScummVM is sticking with '2d' "point-n-click" adventure games.

Residual will deal with '3d' "point-n-click" adventure games. (altough currently only consentrating on the GrimE engine for Grim Fandango/Monkey Island 4). It is also a MUCH MUCH smaller team.. so development is slow.

Altough we need a newer version of Residual.. have been a lot of bug fixes... sadly tho.. saved games from the older copy wont work with a newer compile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back