[SOLVED] ScummVM won't launch

Kuato

Still Fresh
Hello,

I swear I read the whole Internet before asking and I feel stupid and all, but ScummVM seems to work out of the box with everyone, and mine won't even launch! When I execute the launcher, nothing happens.

Someone else on this forum encountered the same problem but was quickly able to fix it. HIs solution didn't work for me.

- I am already used to ScummVM on my PC (but it doesn't help as it won't launch)

- I already deleted and installed a fresh download of the PND several times.

- My PND is in the right directory on my SD card (/pandora/apps/.)

- My SD card works well with all my other PNDs

Do you think I should reflash? (I indeed had a power failure during the first boot)

But I have no other problem so maybe it's not the best idea.

Thanks for helping

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you please post the contents of /tmp/pndrun_scummvm.out after trying to launch it? A full reflash seems a bit drastic, if everything else works.

Could you please post the contents of /tmp/pndrun_scummvm.out after trying to launch it? A full reflash seems a bit drastic, if everything else works.
Thanks. Here it is:

=======================================================================================

PND             : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/apps/scummvm-op.pnd

PND_FSTYPE      : ISO

APPDATADIR      : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/scummvm

APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED    : 500

EXENAME         : ./runscummvm.sh

ARGUMENTS       : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount "/dev/loop7" "/mnt/utmp/scummvm"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/scummvm=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/scummvm=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/scummvm"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Set CPU speed ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Set CPU speed ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (./runscummvm.sh ) ----------

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 542: ./runscummvm.sh: Permission denied

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (./runscummvm.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/scummvm': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 2

Seems like a permissionproblem. This may happen, when some files are corrupted or if the mountscript does something unexpected.

I'd say redownload it from repo.openpandora.org, shutdown and restart your Pandora completely and try again.

If that doesn't help, you may want to run checkdisk or fsck on your sdcard.

Seems like a permissionproblem. This may happen, when some files are corrupted or if the mountscript does something unexpected.

I'd say redownload it from repo.openpandora.org, shutdown and restart your Pandora completely and try again.

If that doesn't help, you may want to run checkdisk or fsck on your sdcard.

Unfortunately it didn't help.

And I know it's not the SD card since I tried from several (and different) ones.

Since it is a permission problem and the sdcard is not faulty, it seems the power failure I had during the first boot could be responsible for it.

Any suggestion?

^ Reflash. :p It is possible for many things to work or appear to work, but for some not to, in the case of a bad flash.

:D Victory! :D

I just reflashed, it now works perfectly.

Thanks for your help.

Back