Some Estrange behaviors

danielo515

Hi, I'm facing some problems with my pandora that I don't understand, hope somebody could help me.

Since yesterday, when I plug in the charger the pandora Reboots. I don't know why,it never happen before.

Looks like some configurations get reset every time I reboot (which currently happens a lot because I just said above) like the nub behavior:  It goes to joystick 

Thanks in advance.

Once you've made your config changes, try shutting down normally, then switch back on and check if they're still set.

Can't really help on the resetting problem though I'm afraid

Just to be 100% clear :

1) When you plug in the charger is the Pandora already running? Or is it switched off?

2) If it is up and running then what is it running / doing?

3) What type of Pandora do you have?

4) What version of the OS are you running?

5) Does your Pandora ever reboot when you do not expect it at any other times?

Edit : It is entirely normal and expected that the Pandora will boot if the charger is connected when it is switched off. I know you're saying reboot but I also seem to remember that your first language is Spanish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm Spanish, I'm surprised your remember it :lol: but I really mean reboot.

I tried two scenarios : pandora powered on, in both desktops, xcfe and minimenu, nothing running, I plug in the charger, it reboots.

Pandora in suspend mode : same result

Yes, it rebooted a couple of times before when no expected, but not much times, may two.

I have 1GZ unit

Super zaxxoon 1.52

Thanks for your interest

You can try to teseat the battery. Also you can add a bit of padding between the battery and the batterycover to make sure it makes good contact.

Can you try with another charger or with an usbcharger, if the same thing happens?

What do you mean with teseat?
I'll try with usb, good point.

I forgot to mention the led which indicates charging does not turn on when I plug the charger, but xcfe recognizes de device as charging

Yes, it rebooted a couple of times before when no expected, but not much times, may two.

This makes me think that mcobit is on to something and it may be a battery contact issue. I've heard of that occurring on a few occasions but have never heard of a Pandora rebooting when attached to mains power.

There could of course be a hardware / OS issue, but try what mcobit said first before digging deeper.

Hope that helps :)

I think is definitely a bad battery problem, I have other battery, the first I've used, and these kind of problems had never appeared.

Now I switched to that one, and the first noticeable thing, is the pandora doesn't reboot when I plug in the charger, and the red charge led turns on correctly.

Other thing I have to say about the "bad battery" is, it was at 90% for a couple of days. I was not using pandora at all, so I supposed it was normal, and suddenly it rebooted and falls down to 29%

Should I ask ED for a new battery?

Back