Some Good News!

PSyMastR

\m/O__O\m/
Website
Visit site
Well, I was just visiting play-asia.com to see if anything new I could import is out, and I noticed that they had a new catagory.

next generation hardware: xbox360™ | playstation3™ | nintendo™ revolution | gamepark gp2x

Thats pretty cool, its up there with the rest. But thats besides the point. The New firmware is supposed to be avaliable for recalled units, and Im guessing newly shipped units too, as play-asia states that December 20th they start shipping, which means that the firmware 1.0.2 is already on those. w00t! Hopefully VERY VERY soon it will be out for us.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-d1-70-uq6.html

I sent mine back to gp32z.com (hardware probs...) and they said I'd be getting one of the units from the next batch with the firmware upgrade. So as soon as I recieve it (should be 1-2 weeks) I'll let you all know how nice it is to have 2GB of space :p

Cbass182 posted on Dec 15 2005 at 09:52 PM said:
I sent mine back to gp32z.com (hardware probs...) and they said I'd be getting one of the units from the next batch with the firmware upgrade. So as soon as I recieve it (should be 1-2 weeks) I'll let you all know how nice it is to have 2GB of space :p
We all will be getting the firmware upgrade in 1-5 days :p
Now who's waiting :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Lik-Sang is doing the same thing. By the sound of it, units with 1.0.2 are the 'official release', because I think Play-Asia was waiting for that date to ship their units.

Just to clear it up there is no "official" release in the first Quater of 2006. These units are from the latest batch with many hardware and firmware fixes.

Best regards,
David
This is the response I got from GP32Z when I asked about the official release. :huh: :blink:
Oh well, I'll be ordering from the second batch anyways.

I got mine from www.gbax.com and there shipping out Gp2x with updated firmware. i should get mine some time this morning so i should be able to confirm it today. B)

I'll let u guys know.

DuFace posted on Dec 15 2005 at 09:24 PM said:
Just to clear it up there is no "official" release in the first Quater of 2006. These units are from the latest batch with many hardware and firmware fixes.

Best regards,
David
This is the response I got from GP32Z when I asked about the official release. :huh: :blink:
Oh well, I'll be ordering from the second batch anyways.

Lik-sang hasn't emailed me about my order, or denying the whole 'we're waiting for the official release, folks' statement, so they could possibly be waiting for a date that will never come :(

I emailed them a few questions about if the new units with the new firmware are the units they're waiting for. If that's so, then in a week, I'll have a nice shiny GP2X in my hands.

I ordered mine from gbax.co.uk, but I live in Australia so it will take a few days to ship.

Just wondering if anyone knows if GBAX are upgrading the firmware on all units shipped. I sure would prefer a pro to do it for me... although it doesn't seem that hard.

Anyways.... soon I will have my unit and I can tell Lik-Sang to take the hands of THEIR 'unit' and get with the program. LOL!

I certainly hope they aren't waiting for the f200... heh. the gp2x version of the gp32 blu+ that they haven't even been planning at all.

i hope a "second edition" gp2x doesnt come out for a very long time, because i HAVE to have the updated version of anything and i'd just have to buy it and i dont want to buy another so soon.

Paradox posted on Dec 16 2005 at 07:48 AM said:
ii HAVE to have the updated version of anything
What a shame :)

If you think about, there's nothing more that they could change hardware wise that would need a new generation of the product. In GP32's case, it evolved from NLU to FLU to BLU. The GP2X starts off as BLU, and I doubt that GPH will be adding WiFi anytime soon.

Back