Some More Emulators Ported...

About as fast as the gp2x ones, as they aren't optimized yet (no mmuhack, etc.)
The first port of MAME also was as fast as the gp2x one, the WIZ optimized version runs way faster :D

Prophet I'm going to do some FPS tests and compare them to the GP2X so people have a good view of how much faster various emus are.

NeoCD, CPS2 + Capex and SNES were ported in November of 2008 by a person of gpain. Nobody saw this news in gpain and I'm published this emulators in gp32spain.

The Gex2X is the old version launch by Notaz or Squidge (i'm not sure) but nobody in gp32spain know this emulator.

Do it fix the problem with the news and gp32x?

GoodBye and I'm sorry for my bad english.

craigix posted on May 15 2009 at 11:53 PM said:
Prophet I'm going to do some FPS tests and compare them to the GP2X so people have a good view of how much faster various emus are.
Like the video of Wiz vs Dingoo?

You enjoy your Dingoo and your Pandora and you don't humiliate to the Wiz more, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I don't have to do it, but since people keep asking someone is going to within the next 7 days. If you believe I would be biased why don't you do it?

craigix posted on May 16 2009 at 12:20 AM said:
Well I don't have to do it, but since people keep asking someone is going to within the next 7 days. If you believe I would be biased why don't you do it?
I haven't Wiz yet, I wait that Hardcore-Gamer rceived the Wiz.

You must read gp32spain or ask Evildragon...

Your answer about Wiz's questions: Dingoo is better than Wiz.

You made your Pandora and you don't destroy the Wiz...

GoodBye!

What you are saying to Craig is very disresptful. without him the wiz would just be terrible. there would still be 2 d-pads.

His video was comparing the two handhelds and talking about the current state of software for them. He said what he felt was good & bad about both machines. giving his honest opinion. Bare in mind he sells both consoles in his shop so he could've said they were both great and sold a load of stock but he didn't. He made this video to show people what they were buying because he genuinly doesn't want people to be ripped off or disapointed. Think about this before excersizing your blatant fanboyism.

Dexter

PS ignore my atrocious spelling and gramar it's 12:53

Devilmandex posted on May 16 2009 at 01:54 AM said:
What you are saying to Craig is very disresptful. without him the wiz would just be terrible. there would still be 2 d-pads.

His video was comparing the two handhelds and talking about the current state of software for them. He said what he felt was good & bad about both machines. giving his honest opinion. Bare in mind he sells both consoles in his shop so he could've said they were both great and sold a load of stock but he didn't. He made this video to show people what they were buying because he genuinly doesn't want people to be ripped off or disapointed. Think about this before excersizing your blatant fanboyism.
Your post is terrible, cynical and false.

Prophet posted on May 15 2009 at 04:57 PM said:
Anyone tried these? How well do they run?
Sorry to say PocketSNES is not very good. It is much faster on the GP2X and has many more options and a superior interface. It seems that this port was from a different source (Pocket PC maybe?) and is very slow. It would be nice if Reesy's GP2X Pocket SNES was ported it would be much better.

I liked these forums more when everyone was foolishly rallied behind GPH's lackluster handheld, now that there are multiple ones everyone is starting to fight with each other over it :(

Nintiendo1Spain posted on May 15 2009 at 10:02 PM said:
craigix posted on May 15 2009 at 11:53 PM said:
Like the video of Wiz vs Dingoo?
You enjoy your Dingoo and your Pandora and you don't humiliate to the Wiz more, please.

I thought the video was fair. I didn't see much bias there. It just so happens thet the one you have didn't come out on top. Those are the breaks. It doesn't mean you can't still enjoy the Wiz.

Me I went for the Wiz. If you are going to squint at such a small sreen there should at least be a reason or gimmick to make it kind of worth while, and OLED on the Wiz is that reason. Otherwise I can't see getting very exited over 2.8" screen handhelds.

Remember how slow so many apps were on the GP2X at the beginning, and how things exploded once a little time has passed, and developers had a chance to play around with things, and the libraries, firmware, and software matured.

A lot of the Wiz programs that people here care about depend on the community's involvement, and that was a bit hard to do when the console has only been around publicly for one day. Give it some time, it is unfair to review quick ports and cast the whole platform in an unfavourable light because of this...

craigix posted on May 15 2009 at 10:53 PM said:
Thats pointless as all the current emulators should really be considered alpha builds.

Devilmandex posted on May 16 2009 at 12:54 AM said:
Not true. The people with development units had complained about the D-Pad buttons before Craig even knew that there were two D-pads.

Peter R posted on May 16 2009 at 06:03 AM said:
craigix posted on May 15 2009 at 10:53 PM said:
Thats pointless as all the current emulators should really be considered alpha builds.
Should they be? With as much GP2X and Wiz share in common then there's no real excuse for emulators to not be on the same level except for the rotation of the screen.

I personally can vouch that my build of Temper that has the rotation taken care of will be every bit as optimized as the GP2X version.

Peter R posted on May 16 2009 at 06:03 AM said:
Not true. The people with development units had complained about the D-Pad buttons before Craig even knew that there were two D-pads.
You know, it's funny that you mention that again, because back then you guys were all singing praises about the dual dpads and the only one who outright said that they sucked was EvilDragon. Even then, you guys were saying that they just needed to be positioned slightly differently. The way I understand the story it's ED's complaints and influences that got it to be changed. Who even had development units with two dpads before the photos were revealed? Orkie? I know for sure Orkie wasn't complaining. He said SNES ran great with it. Later he admitted that he only tried one game that happened to only utilize one action button. I imagine the number of people who had dev units back in last July could probably be counted on one hand. If you're to be trusted it means that people were upset with the control decisions while pretending to everyone else that they were fine with it, which I find very troubling. If things are like that then what can we believe?

ED wasn't the only one who hated the dual dpads. I'm pretty sure I bitched about it as well. I'm still amazed that GPH ever thought to use that in the first place. It's mind boggling that a videogame company can be so unaware of what videogames need to play well. Whoever (ED, Craig etc.) convinced GPH to separate the right cross into (sorta) proper buttons deserves a medal.

Anyway, it really is sad to see all the damn fanboy crap going on in these forums. It's starting to feel like Gamefaqs around here and that's NOT a good thing.

As for me, if/when the diagonal tearing gets "fixed" I'll definitely buy a Wiz. I do think it will end up having a great homebrew/emulation scene in the coming months/years. But I've always been anal about screen tearing, I'm the sort of nutnick that used to spend hours and hours tweaking AdvanceMAME back in the day to make perfect custom video modes for every damn arcade resolution and refresh rate. I think I spent more time tweaking video output than actually playing games... So yeah, screen tearing on a handheld would probably piss me off pretty badly. I almost envy those who don't mind such things. But I know it would bug me a lot.

This isnt a Playstation vs xbox forum, I dont see why there has to be so much animosity between several systems that are very similar aside from their slight performance differnces and a few buttons. Every one of us takes a risk when we buy these devices not that they'll lose support (they wont, as long as someone feels they can port something from one device to another it'll get ported so it's not like you'll ever want for content.) Granted I understand the root of all system wars is the threat of choice and the need to validate your own, but this is not really a community where the power if a system is dictated by how many people own it like it is with the mainstream consoles.

As for the content itself; Even if one system (especially a new system) plays a emmulator worse than another system there's always a chance someone will come along and make it work better (if there's any room for it). They shouldnt be judged against each other only judged on what they are capable of on their own merits.

Also the last time I checked GPH wasnt technically a videogame company, they just made a multimedia device capable of playing games. That's like saying Apple is a videogame company just because they made the iPhone. The controls they put on the device are proably all they felt were required to play a game or two of donkey kong between watching ripped videos on the bus.

I dunno, that's just my impressions of what's been said so far.

Alpha2 posted on May 16 2009 at 02:35 AM said:
Also the last time I checked GPH wasnt technically a videogame company, they just made a multimedia device capable of playing games. That's like saying Apple is a videogame company just because they made the iPhone. The controls they put on the device are proably all they felt were required to play a game or two of donkey kong between watching ripped videos on the bus.
Not sure how you could possibly think that.

I suggest you look at Game Park's history, from the GP32 to the present. They are not a "multimedia" company, nor have they ever seen themselves as one. They have always presented themselves as a Korean game hardware/software company, and still do. The multimedia features are secondary and always have been.

Exophase posted on May 16 2009 at 05:38 AM said:
I personally can vouch that my build of Temper that has the rotation taken care of will be every bit as optimized as the GP2X version.
How do you think it will compare to the speed of the GP2X version? Will it at least be just as fast? I heard the 533 MHz thing is just a marketing gimmick, but would it at least match a 200 MHz GP2X? If not that is really bad (or misleading numbers wize) hardware. I guess the Giz was like that too, 400 MHz that performed like 200 MHz.

Back