Pocketsnes V6.5.0 Final Released

Have you set fast option ON in normal launcher? Default option is compatible, not fast.

Why only 700 mhz? i guess you can overclock at least to 750, most can to 790.

I can´t play with transparencies OFF.

Rivroner said:
Have you set fast option ON in normal launcher? Default option is compatible, not fast.

Why only 700 mhz? i guess you can overclock at least to 750, most can to 790.

I can´t play with transparencies OFF.

For me, the default was fast. I'm getting occasional freezes in the menu at 700. I dunno if it's the emulator, or just that I have a weak Wiz.

EDIT: Have YOU gotten to "Mushroom Way" yet yourself? If not, then I'm afraid your advice is meaningless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone having compatibility issues with this release. I am having loads of games not working for me now. (especially Enix games) I am wondering if it has anything to do with the snesadvance.dat speed hacks file. I am thinking it might be breaking compatibility. I have tried all different versions of the roms and in both versions of PocketSnes (fast, compatible). The games that aren't working for me are:
Actraiser
Aero the Acrobat
Bastard!!
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs!
Illusion of Gaia
Kendo Rage
Lost Vikings II
Lost Vikings
Lufia - will load but then go to black screen
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy - is playable but no music, just sfx
Nosferatu
Prehistorikman
Soul Blazer
Strike Gunner STG
Super Bomberman 1 - might use a special chip i think

If anyone has any of these working please let me know.

EDIT: Ok I am an idiot. Had the Audio Hack turned ON in the Advanced Hacks settings. It was saved like that for my global settings. Every one of those games works now. Is just incompatible with that hack not the emulator itself. Oh well. Live and learn haha.

One thing I've noticed is that my sram automatic saves keep disappearing, I save and quit upon exiting a game and the save is shown, but on restarting the emulator they're gone. :angry:
On the subject of saving and loading could a confirmation be added (on the button Y for example)
Also when you save, the menu doesn't say that the save was successful. (A date & time on the save slot would be nice)
..and how about a default volume level? (Because when you press + & - to access the menu, you always seem to turn the volume up or down & then have to adjust it upon returning to the game)

Cheers, Neil

Also, I was wondering, could this emulate the Super Game Boy?

Back