Some Newbie Questions

Mattchewie

Still Fresh
First question : Can anyone provide me the link to the SD card compatibility list? I'm 99.9 percent sure neither of my sd cards are supported, bargain bin for ya :D

Second questions: I bought my unit used and my buddy installed a invader zim theme on it. if I upgrade, will this go away?

Third question: My unit has 1.2.1 on it. I know 3 is out, can I go straight to 3 or can I skip some, not others, or should I update one revision at a time?

Squidge said:
Checkout the Wiki.

Only upgrade to 2.1, don't upgrade to 3. So download 2.0, and then 2.1.

on a similar note im on 2.0.0, why dont i want 3.0? and should i still upgrade to 2.1 (worries about making a brick).

Last edited by a moderator:
FW3 is known to boot slower.
The last good firmware is the custom one from 2.1.1 that support SDHC.
It's known as 2.1.2.
To avoid bricking your Gp2x, just don't do the update with your batteries but prefer to do it with the power supply.

virusx said:
FW3 is known to boot slower.
The last good firmware is the custom one from 2.1.1 that support SDHC.
It's known as 2.1.2.
To avoid bricking your Gp2x, just don't do the update with your batteries but prefer to do it with the power supply.
Yer thats the other issue need to get a power supply, and a tv out lead while im at it :)

I got 2700 rated batteries they still gonna give out before the update finishes?

tristar said:
I got 2700 rated batteries they still gonna give out before the update finishes?
They shouldn't do if they're fully charged, however i'd still use a power supply for safeties sake.

Lurkio said:
tristar said:
They shouldn't do if they're fully charged, however i'd still use a power supply for safeties sake.

umm for the sd card if it is less then 2gigs it should work fine i got a lot of bargin bin brands and no name brands like top ram and etc and they all work well the only problem is the write speed on pc is kinda of slower then my sandisk and well renown brands..

The firmware flashing isn't very long (less than a minute).
So you can always do it with your batteries if they are fully charged.

virusx said:
u gotta watch out for those recharble battreies tho they say there full charged when they arent so use a voltage reader if ur really concered

Cervante said:
dont buy the case, its a waste of money. The strap is iight I guess.
I've got the case and it's saved my ass many times. To say it's a waste of time is a bit like saying a seatbelt is a waste of time :)

As long as you drive carefully...

I can vouch for a handstrap of any sort being a very useful accessory. I took one from an old camera, and it saved my 2X from slipping and falling out of my hands quite a few times.

predatorramboxxx said:
virusx said:
u gotta watch out for those recharble battreies tho they say there full charged when they arent so use a voltage reader if ur really concered

got 3 sets and 2 sets are uniross 2700 cost me £14.99 for 4 when i could have got 3 million 2000's for £9.99. I decided the extra 700 was worth the cost. My big ass multi battery size charger physically turns off when the batteries are fully charged. I guess I could try turning it on again and see if they will take more charge......

How long do those little monsters last?

I remember I bought a Uniross charger when I was out of the country last summer, and it took 30 hours to charge my 4 2500mAh batteries :( I was ripped off, just as I was drunk,.

Well, I have two sd cards right now, one is called impact, its a gig and the other one is a 512 cosair. The 2x just seems to not see the image files or something. I mean I see them on the disk...but when I reboot the system, it does't do anything. I just figured I got 2 lemons on my hands :D

Back