Some News Of Things To Come...

might be a lil better for the system than a visual novel.
Well encouraging any decent homebrew developer would be better than giving $5000 for a visual novel. I'll bet you anything that the novel is Korean, and that is the sole reason they chose it. Sneaky, and pissy.

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try to spend more time to psx4all next year.

Unai and me have some ideas for speed up, but its necessary a lot of time for testing and developing.

I hope that you will back to psx4all at near future.

¡ Good Luck !

We love you chui... in a sort of non gay way.

Also Epicenter: Stop trying to turn every thread into an XGP-GP2x war. Nobody will answer because nobody cares in particular, this is about PSX, not xgp.

I never said XGP anywhere in this thread nor did I imply anything about it. Also, DaveC said the same thing more verbosely and you didn't bother HIM. What the hell are you talking about? Stop derailing the topic.

When you say psx4all do you mean they still goin to work on the zaurus and v43 one ? coz i am soooooooooooo close now to getting a joynux and its actually from the digitalcube website :eek::O

A better dosbox port would be great indeed. Good luck with that project!

When you say psx4all do you mean they still goin to work on the zaurus and v43 one ? coz i am soooooooooooo close now to getting a joynux and its actually from the digitalcube website :eek::O

No, we are going to strip down so many versions of psx4all to improve/rebuild the core of the emulation, and we will focus only in gp2x and dreamcast versions, once things are more clean more ports will come in...

I know this is going to be kind of flame inducing but I just have to ask. And it is an honest question. Why are so many developers willing to bang their head against the wall spending hours and hours of hard work on an emulator that can never be very playable due to the hardware limitations? I mean at BEST you will get, what, 10 FPS with stuttery sound on 3D intensive PSX games that take up an entire SD card? I don't get the attraction of that. Maybe a few 2D or simpler games would fare a bit better but not much. Why wouldn't this great talent here be put to something that can actually be full speed or very close? Emus like SNES (w/transparency), PC-Engine (w decent sound in stereo), NES, Amiga, ST, etc could be full speed or close to it if these devs put as much work into one of those.

Why PSX?

Thank you for all your time and effort zodttd, it's been a real trip :D. Best of luck on all future endeavors!

And of course, all the best to our new psx devs! I look foward to seeing some major progress in the months to come :)

I know this is going to be kind of flame inducing but I just have to ask. And it is an honest question. Why are so many developers willing to bang their head against the wall spending hours and hours of hard work on an emulator that can never be very playable due to the hardware limitations? I mean at BEST you will get, what, 10 FPS with stuttery sound on 3D intensive PSX games that take up an entire SD card? I don't get the attraction of that. Maybe a few 2D or simpler games would fare a bit better nut not much. Why wouldn't this great talent here be put to something that can actually be full speed or very close? Emus like SNES (w/transparency), PC-Engine (w decent sound in stereo), NES, Amiga, ST, etc could be full speed or close to it if these devs put as much work into one of those.

Why PSX?

I think 10 - 15 FPS at full-speed (framskip) would be awesome enough for the RPGs I intend to play.

We're already nearly almost there. (got the fps, but not the frameskip)

I don't see why we need 60fps on all games all the time.

Honestly, you're right.

I mean at BEST you will get, what, 10 FPS with stuttery sound on 3D intensive PSX games that take up an entire SD card?

Why do you pretent you know what is possible and not? are you working on it? There are already games running faster then 10 fps, and there are SD cards up to 4 gigabyte, so if you put 2 or 3 games on your card you still have plenty room for other small games.

I mean at BEST you will get, what, 10 FPS with stuttery sound on 3D intensive PSX games that take up an entire SD card?

Why do you pretent you know what is possible and not? are you working on it? There are already games running faster then 10 fps, and there are SD cards up to 4 gigabyte, so if you put 2 or 3 games on your card you still have plenty room for other small games.

I don't "pretend" to know what is possible. It is simple fact. Look at the PSX hardware, look at the GP2X, light a few brain cells and you have the answer.

Also notice that I didn't say "no" games run over 10 FPS.

As cynical as DaveC can be, in most cases he is generally correct as far as emulation estimations go.

Back