Some Repo statistics for you!

Out of interest is there any way of checking the server logs to get actual bandwidth figures for the repo?   Perhaps this is data ED can provide?   That way between the actual bandwidth used and the total files downloaded we should get a more accurate read on the average file size, and a clearer picture of the recent trends.  

As I pointed out in my comment on the PandoraLive post,   The Code::Blocks PND in particular is of significant size and has had significant size changes during development.   At the very least this appears to have artificially inflated the November 2012 bandwidth figure.  (which peaks at a point where the total downloads dips)  It has also been updated in all 3 months where the bandwidth peaked.

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a pie graph derived from milkshake's data:

pie.png

The outer ring represents the total number of downloads, the middle ring represents the PND size (so the amount of space it is taking on ED's server), and the inner ring represents the total traffic bandwidth.

pie.pdf

Attachments

• pie.pdf
    57 KB · Views: 181
Can we add a line for total pandoras in the wild together with that data?

I'd like to see how the software growth compares to hardware growth.

Can we add a line for total pandoras in the wild together with that data?
Would be very interessting. Maybe Downloads from different Pandoras vs. Pandoras sold.

I might be missing the point of this thread but another repo stat I would like to know of is how many Pandora owners rate the pnd they download?

It seems like very few do.

I might be missing the point of this thread but another repo stat I would like to know of is how many Pandora owners rate the pnd they download?

You are the one that rates and comments release the most, no doubt. You always have something nice or constructive to write. Thank you very much :) !

users_and_ranks.zipcsv containing users and their number of app ranks (1 rank per app regardless of version). in the interest of data protection the real usernames are not used.

Attachments

• users_and_ranks.zip
    915 bytes · Views: 157
csv containing users and their number of app ranks (1 rank per app regardless of version). in the interest of data protection the real usernames are not used.

That data seems incomplete because it doesn't include users who haven't made any rankings.  

At the very least the number of users who have not submitted any rankings needs to be included.

- Neelix

You are the one that rates and comments release the most, no doubt. You always have something nice or constructive to write. Thank you very much :) !
You are welcome ptitSeb ..this comment means a lot to me. ;)

I always think that this is an important part of the whole open source process......and donations of course :p

Last edited:
csv containing users and their number of app ranks (1 rank per app regardless of version). in the interest of data protection the real usernames are not used.

That data seems incomplete because it doesn't include users who haven't made any rankings.  

At the very least the number of users who have not submitted any rankings needs to be included.

- Neelix
I suspect that the majority of repo users don't even make an account and just download anonymously. Probably the only reasons for creating an account are 1) uploading stuff, 2) rating stuff, 3) leaving comments.

I made some pie charts based on milkshake's data. Sorry for having both "Rest" and "Other", I started by doing a manual cutoff to keep the number of data points small, counting everything below the cutoff together in "Rest". Then I entered the data in Google docs to make the charts, and it apparently did another (automatic) cutoff, creating "Other".

Number of downloads:

downloads.png

Size of the PND(s):

size.png

Bandwidth:

bandwidth.png

Back