Some teaser ;) - coming soon on a repo near you

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
A small picture is better than a long speech: screen7.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh! Freespace 2!

Edit: Have to say I'm very excited about this.

Don't usually do games - but this has got my interest!!!! Down boy!  :p

Screen7???? We need Screens1-6 at least......

^^ well spoted MarkW.

It was some screenshot took an my dev Gigahertz Pandora, just the first tutorial...

screen1.pngscreen2.pngscreen3.pngscreen4.pngscreen5.pngscreen6.pngscreen8.png

It's FreeSpace 2. It's not FS2_Open. Framerate (at least on gigahertz pandora) were good on this first tutorial mission... I have to play more... You'll have to find your 3CDs now ;)

Digging through my Game collection looks like I only had the original Freespace... Hopefully  the datafiles from GOG work. It's $9.99 US..

Finalyyyyy!! ^_^

Ptitseb i love you!! (like a Brother) :D

I have Freesspace 1+2 here.bought it extra for Pandora in the Past,

hopefully that anyone make a Port :rolleyes:

And now this ;)

I post it in the German Forum too.

I won't have lot of free time in the next 3 days. I'll see if I can release a beta tonight, or it will probably have to wait to the Week End.

I actually started trying to port this, but lost interest. Curious though did you go with a GL1 and left out shader effects, or did you redo everything in GL2?

It's GL1 only. It's an early port to linux of Freespace2. The OpenGL driver is preliminary in this source base, so much easier to do than the FS2_Open. And GLES2-fu is too weak for now to try.

Good news. I have Freespace 1 running too :)  preview4.png

I have a few graphical glitch on some menu, but nothing too bad.

About Babylon 5, I tried, but it doesn't run. It use FS2_Open, so I'm not sure I can make it run...

I can't wait to get my fingers on this one.  :D

One of the best space shooter sims ever.

Last edited:
Thank you for your work, ptitSeb. :) :)

I have the same "problem" as Farox: Any chance this runs on a Classic Pandora as well?

It's running great so far... To me this is why I love the Pandora, Try playing a true space combat simulator like this on a tablet or one of the keyboard-less game handhelds.. There just isn't enough keys for it..  Great work!

Woooh I'm impressed :) That's a game I really wanted to see on the pandora, great job!!! :)

Awesome news, this is the one game I was always sad to not have a OP port of.

I wouldnt count on getting FS_Open going on the pandora, would have to be one of the early versions. But the amount of mods that are still working on those are rather to limited to be worth the trouble, and even if you could get FS_Open running smoothly, many of the models used in mods arent very optimized to the point where even a good gamer pc starts suffering in some of the more intensive missions.

Anyone who still have FS2 on their pc should check out the Blue Planet mod.

Back