Some Things Before I Commit....

Lanfear

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I have some experience with code but not with handhelds so here is my questions.. I know i just joined and im already demanding things, but i think i'll be here a while...

1) Anyone else nervious about the joystick.. I kind of almost wish it was a four way dpad... will it be easy to replace?

2) I can get any memory card with SD on it correct? Are any of them faster than others?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions

1. I'm not nervous about it, I liked the GP32's stick. It will be nearly impossible to replace. And you can use it as a 4-way dpad in your code.

2. Any SD, MiniSD (needs adaptor), or MMC (old, backwards compatible) card will work. None are really faster than the other (SD and MiniSD are obviously both faster than MMC, though). SDIO cards (ie. SD WiFi, etc.) will only work if proper drivers exist and are ported.

You'd be better off taking full advantage of the stick though. I personally find the GP32's stick to be a little "loose" for some games that are designed for 4-way digital pads - Castlevania Bloodlines in DrMD especially, though it remains to be seen how the GP2X version will square up.

If the joystick is anything like the Neo Geo Pocket's "click stick" I'm excited. That thing was the freaking greatest.

This joystick doesn't click, but I'm hoping it will have the same feel. :)

Back