Someone Kill Me Now

I'd feel bad doing that, since Lego has embraced open source principles with it's Mindstorms line, and links to sites showing you how to hack them. Just for that, I wouldn't rip them off.
Oh, did I mention that it's more cost effective to buy the compatible Mega blocks? They fit with Lego.
Again, I wouldn't since it's imitating...

Jourdy288 said:
I'd feel bad doing that, since Lego has embraced open source principles with it's Mindstorms line, and links to sites showing you how to hack them. Just for that, I wouldn't rip them off.
Wouldn't really be an effective use of fabricator time to produce the blocks wholesale, anyway. But I could definitely see it for producing obscure pieces. Or in weird dimensions, 3 by 7? Why not?

Or, perhaps adding lego bumps to other objects. Imagine being able to print out a new battery cover for your cel-phone, only this one has lego bumps on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
theres one thing that push lego's brick skyhigh prices(besides the name of course), and it is that each part has to pass a series of very tight constraints, and from what i know they have a drop rate pretty high near 35%.

have you seen the lower cost chinese imitations? they are horrible, they might be compatible, but you will find manifold markings they suddenly jump out to nowhere, adn sometimes end up with a pisa tower instead of the eiffel tower or no tower at all.

omg, those little tiny ABS bricks, i still have a small sample packet around they gave me around 2002

VRAndy said:
Jourdy288 said:
Wouldn't really be an effective use of fabricator time to produce the blocks wholesale, anyway. But I could definitely see it for producing obscure pieces. Or in weird dimensions, 3 by 7? Why not?

Or, perhaps adding Lego bumps to other objects. Imagine being able to print out a new battery cover for your cel-phone, only this one has lego bumps on it.

As for making bricks that don't exist, I wouldn't have a problem there.

rabidpoobear said:
Anyway, it does have some relevance. I just don't feel it's a completely fair comparison.

I was thinking the same thing but they are part of the phenomenon. I have sifted the the hundreds of gadgets that come out every year just to find cloans of last years hot item with a few more bells whistles or some catch that makes it there device and not mine :cough: itunes. I just want to own my gadget and not have some one tell me i cant play on-line because i modded me console :cough: xbox.

DroneB Dev said:
omg, those little tiny ABS bricks, i still have a small sample packet around they gave me around 2002

i have a set my self.

At the moment it seems that high quality LEGO-style bricks are out of range:

Of course it does not snap in place as nicely as original lego bricks but it should be good enough to create the custom lego piece you always wanted.

but as things improve I assume it will become possible to builkd ones that do snap together pretty well... at least as well as, if not better than, the nasty cheap clones.

Imagine making a Pandora dock for your car with LEGO bumps on it, and a new Pandora base with LEGO "holes" so tha tthe Pandora looks perfectly normal but "snaps" into place in your car.

DroneB Dev said:
pandora NXT!!!

I actually own the NXT, if I could make maybe a prefabricated vehicle chassis of sorts.... I could save alot of time!

Back