Something amusing: Xbox on your GP2X

MaverickUK

Still Fresh
Like everyone else here I just can't wait to get my hands on a Pandora, but to pass the time until then I thought I'd share this with everyone.

A few years ago at Christmas I decided to make a little video pretending that my GP2X was actually a prototype for a 360 portable! :gp2x: :eek:

So I spray painted the buttons and run some edited videos on it of Halo 3 and a dashboard I put together in Photoshop.

You can watch it here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9hz21kvH1Gg

It's had almost quarter of a million views now and it's interesting to read the comments. There are a fair few people who correctly identify the console as a GP2X.

I'm wondering about doing something similar with my Pandora... perhaps pretending to run Vista on it... or an N64 emulator ;)

If it had suddenly started flashing RRoD I'd be more inclined to believe it.

Reading through the comments is amusing! Some people buying into it... I tell you, this new generation of gamers coming in @ 360/PS3 area, they have no clue where it all began.

I liked it :)

:lol: Very well done! Some very good touches in the video, and the comments are just hilarious. :D

I did have a GP2X, and a very good machine it was too, until I sold it. :wacko:

Why did you bother making a fake? Why do people waste time and effort putting a load of bullshit together so they can lie unconvincingly to idiots on youtube?

sold said:
Why did you bother making a fake? Why do people waste time and effort putting a load of bullshit together so they can lie unconvincingly to idiots on youtube?
Because its fun?
Why did you bother making a comment? Why do people waste time and effort putting a load of bullshit together so they can rant unconvincingly to idiots on OpenPandora?

I remember seeing this a while back. I think the link made it's rounds on gp32x.de. Thought it was hilarious! :D Convincing job and also, I agree that the comments were hilarious. Great entertainment.

Last edited by a moderator:
"it isn't a fake for anybody who r idiots, if it was fake than how is it working? "

PoisonedV said:
sold said:
Because its fun?
Why did you bother making a comment? Why do people waste time and effort putting a load of bullshit together so they can rant unconvincingly to idiots on OpenPandora?

Im sure when you wrote that you thought it was clever. But I suppose you have a point, it is a waste of time and effort trying to communicate with people such as yourself around who seem to have their bastard switch permanently in the "on" position. It's almost as much of a waste of time as painting the buttons on a gp2x and making a video of halo and pretending to play it so people think it's an xbox portable. I don't see how it's fun. Maybe it's fun if you happen to be a complete and utter knob.

PoisonedV said:
"it isn't a fake for anybody who r idiots, if it was fake than how is it working? "

It's still fake. It's NOT working. It's a video playing on a device that plays videos. Ok, the BSOD was kinda funny, but I still don't get the motivation behind it because overall it is pretty lame. Especially the setup at the start.

Next time anyone tells me playing video games is a waste of time I'm gonna show them this video. There can't be a bigger waste of time than pretending to play video games.

while I wouldn't waste my time faking stuff, it's always fun to pull a fast one on gullible folks...

also I hear the word 'gullible' isn't in the dictionary.

sold said:
Im sure when you wrote that you thought it was clever. But I suppose you have a point, it is a waste of time and effort trying to communicate with people such as yourself around who seem to have their bastard switch permanently in the "on" position. It's almost as much of a waste of time as painting the buttons on a gp2x and making a video of halo and pretending to play it so people think it's an xbox portable. I don't see how it's fun. Maybe it's fun if you happen to be a complete and utter knob.
sold said:
PoisonedV said:

It's still fake. It's NOT working. It's a video playing on a device that plays videos. Ok, the BSOD was kinda funny, but I still don't get the motivation behind it because overall it is pretty lame. Especially the setup at the start.

Next time anyone tells me playing video games is a waste of time I'm gonna show them this video. There can't be a bigger waste of time than pretending to play video games.

it was a comment on youtube, genius, thats why it was in quotes and typical youtube logic & spelling.

I'm wondering about doing something similar with my Pandora... perhaps pretending to run Vista on it... or an N64 emulator ;)

I'll laugh when a real n64 emulator comes out :p .

poiseonedV said:
it was a comment on youtube, genius, thats why it was in quotes and typical youtube logic & spelling.

Yeah, I missed that. Thank god, cause I was wondering why you were sounding stupider than usual :lol: Next time you quote something from somewhere, why don't you kinda make it clear where you got it from. Because it wasn't apparent unless everyone reads the dumbass youtube comments. Now THAT is a waste of time.

BTW, you got some major attitude dude. You gotta chill. I mean no offence to the guy who made the video, but I think he could put his abilities to better use.

And as a preemptive strike against all your future replies to me in this particular thread, suck it. :p j/k

sold said:
PoisonedV said:

I'm pretty sure he was quoting someone there

I lol'd at the bastard switch comment, though.

Back