Sonic Returns!

shadow with a gun?? i don't know, this game didn't look too interesting to me from that trailer, and i'm a big sonic fan. sonic team should've just made a sonic adventure 3 with less side characters.
anyway, it'd be cool if they developed a sonic game for psp as well(i didn't even know there was a sonic ds game). also a sequel to nights would get anyone happy.

Nah sonic adventure 2 on DC was by far the worst. Sonic is shit since the second adventure. The GBA games were total garbage as well. Sonic team has totally lost the plot. I couldn't care about the DS game, although there is a "secret" game by sonic team coming out on the PSP called "Project S" hm yes I wonder what that could be. I prefer Mario 3D games over sonics 3D games any day, well maybe not the first Sonic adventure, i really like that one :)

About the title, Sonic will return when Sega makes there own system again (unlikely to happen).

i agree, the first sonic adventure was a gem. and sa2 wasn't so bad as long as you played sonic/shadow's action stages only, hehe. but i have to say, sonic heroes seemed to be the worst by a long shot. i just dropped it after the 2nd stage and never played again, hah.

and yeah, NiGHTS on the psp would play verry nicely. remember that little NiGHTS mini game for gba? time attack or something..i went at it for a looong time and most i could get was a B i think

kotd posted on Mar 10 2005 at 01:08 AM said:
Nah sonic adventure 2 on DC was by far the worst. Sonic is shit since the second adventure. The GBA games were total garbage as well. Sonic team has totally lost the plot. I couldn't care about the DS game, although there is a "secret" game by sonic team coming out on the PSP called "Project S" hm yes I wonder what that could be. I prefer Mario 3D games over sonics 3D games any day, well maybe not the first Sonic adventure, i really like that one :)

About the title, Sonic will return when Sega makes there own system again (unlikely to happen).
I quite enjoyed SA2.

Last edited by a moderator:
i prefered the first sonic adventure to the second. I think this games looks cool but i dont really understand the gun. i'll agree sonic team have lost the plot but the GBA games are not that crap. the 3rd one was the best and was quite good. And i hope sonic ds is good. And as for project s well it maybe be sonic but i dont think it will be.

I love any 2D sonic game, be it genesis, GBA, SMS, whatever ( well other then that game.com one) but I havn't liked any of the 3D ones at all

yeah, it's always been like that. the old sonic games on the genny seemed to be a bit harder as you got the end, though. same for sonic adv1&2

I dont believe I have posted here yet so here goes.

Sonic 1 - 3 + Knuckles where pretty good, albeit im shit at them. Sonic 3D I found boring but I still completed it. Sonic Adventure is my fave sonic game, I really dislike all the characters other than sonic - but luckily you arent forced to do these levels. Then it came to Sonic Adventure 2, the Sonice levels where okay (I didnt like the way the engine felt compared to the first mind) but you where forced to do the other characters levels. Oh and Shadow was okay... but do we really need him? Couldnt they have used Metal Sonic... that would have been ace. Oh and I havent played heros - although my friend says its okay.

Now onto the Handheld, the Neo Geo Pocket Colour version was ace, played pretty much like Sonic 2 and you had to collect piecies in the levels meaning exploration and tons of extra gameplay. Then we come onto the GBA games, sure good games in themselves but they seem to be wanting to make it too much like the Anime (which was pretty crap). Also the bonus stages where impossible and even tho I had the cube game and a link cable I must have used it twice. - The VMU game of the first SA seemed more fun, link a phone game almost.

I think Sega should go back to Sonic only, ot sonic and Tales/ Knuckles.. Also the knuckles stages shouldnt be crap.

Now back to the booze.

Back