SONY PlayStation 4 (PS4)

Looks like the leaked controller pics were accurate.  Sony copied Ouya's controller concept with the touch pad  ^_^   :p

...Start playing a d/l game as soon as it starts to d/l .... and being able to boot immediately into a game where you last started.

I like this!

I sometimes refer to my PS3 as the 'Loadbox', as seems most times I go to play a game there is an update I have to sit through a couple mins progress bar.

If that is a thing of the past that's good.

8GB RAM sounds sweet too

Marble Madness is one hell of a game though eh, timeless

this will be a screencasting beast!

"The next design task for Sony was to create a different type of gameplay"

PS4 can enter a low-power state, which means that pause/resume will be fast and simple to use

There is a secondary "custom chip" that can be used for background tasks etc... it will download data while games are running, which reduces load time.

There is also a dedicated video CODEC that makes sure that video is handled as a first-class citizen

Gameplay will be recorded as you play, and you can share your exploits at any moment. This is pretty cool if you want to show your latest top moment in the game

BE assured that current anonymous accounts won't be messed with. But when you use your real name, you can do more things, and connect easily with friends. Ubergizmo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah ... play the d/ling game immediately ... very nice eh

Loving the spectate/share ability too

Ability to play PS4 games on your PS Vita via near lag less wireless connection - Nice !

Project Shied move over  :p

2 of my mates are obsessed with, and play nothing but, GT5

...He is flaked out now already as work in the morning, but I think he will cream his pants when I send him to a vid of this DriveClub tomorrow eh :)

I don't think I can watch this live stream anymore, to stop start.  Anyone else having problems viewing the stream?

The streaming is crap quality, wanted to watch on my phone but ended up loading up pc, that was stuttering too.

I'll wait and watch it tomorrow.

Found the feed on Twitch which seems to be working ok

Last edited by a moderator:
stream is a little stuttered at times, not too bad for me though.

KZ graphics looked good to me, more so the background scenery though that was impressing.

....that old man face though showing the new limits of polygons, pretty damn good

Back