SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

Thanks for clearing that up, Jumpman. ^_^ I was scrambling around Target's site to find that deal (Google, too) but found nothing. Just got my shipping notification from Target an hour ago saying they shipped mine. Should be here tomorrow if UPS can fly fast enough. Unfortunately, I couldn't get release day shipping with Amazon (bastards and their continental US thing..!) but Target's Express shipping was only $12, and I had a $10 gift card. The $20 Target gift card just sweetened the deal.

The only other way I could have got release day delivery was to pick it up at a local BestBuy, but they charged tax just like Target, so I went with Target instead.

Anyone else, like me, can't seem to focus on anything today? :D

I've got my pre-orders paid off at Gamestop for the system and a memory card, so I'll be there right when they open. :D

I'm thinking the only actual physical copies of games that I'll buy are ones that I don't think I'd play multiple times (stuff like Uncharted, Gravity Rush, etc.), so I can sell them when I'm done. Anything with good replay value (Wipeout, Super Star Dust, etc.) I'll be getting digitally.

What's everyone else doing as far as physical vs. digital versions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably going with physical copies for everything unless there's a game that's digital only. Can't loan games with digital copies, and I'm sure my friends and family may want to borrow a game or two sometime.

Just got my Unit, the only Problem is: Memorycard will need until tomorow, and the games just arent sent until now, and my prepaidcreditkart needs to refill.., but its looks good..

397163_355074117846570_100000319539257_1163010_1164576737_n.jpg

@wermy

Yeah, I'm pretty psyched! Mine hasn't shipped yet, but Amazon charged my credit card this morning, so I'm sure it will ship later today. My UPS man doesn't show up though until between 2-5pm,so I won't even get it until later in the day. Then I have to install my full body "Skinomi" protector before any heavy use, and I normally like to let that dry for 12 hours minimum, so I probably won't get play time until thursday morning, But I'll fire it up when it arrives to check for any problems or issues before I install the protector(icase I need to return it).

I have Uncharted and a 8gb card ready to go, and I have Rayman O. & Hotshots coming at some point, but I don't know when. There not a big deal, as they where a last minute decision to take advantage of Amazons 2 for 1 deal. Hopefully they'll ship from a local distro center, as I sometimes get orders in 1-2 days, and other times they can take a week or more.

As far as digital VS. physical, I always go with the physical unless it isn't availible. When patapon 2 was released on the PSP, it was digital only in the US and both in the UK. I actually imported the UK version so I could have a physical copy.

Normally digital games are smaller and cheaper like stardust and escape plan, so I don't mind the digital aspect as the publishers are releasing quality bang for your buck, but I see no reason at all to pay 45 dollars for uncharted when I can have the actual game for 5 more bucks. Now if uncharted was half of or something, I may consider it, but the 10% savings that Sony is currently offering is a joke.

I get tired of some games, and finish others all the time and being able to sell them helps pay for new games. I spend very little new money every year, as I just sell the old to pay for the new, and then I try to get deals on the new like the current 2 for 1 offer. It all works out great. Plus I keep games in perfect condition, so I always get top dollar when I resale.

Chris

@wermy

Yeah, I'm pretty psyched! Mine hasn't shipped yet, but Amazon charged my credit card this morning, so I'm sure it will ship later today. My UPS man doesn't show up though until between 2-5pm,so I won't even get it until later in the day. Then I have to install my full body "Skinomi" protector before any heavy use, and I normally like to let that dry for 12 hours minimum, so I probably won't get play time until thursday morning, But I'll fire it up when it arrives to check for any problems or issues before I install the protector(icase I need to return it).

I have Uncharted and a 8gb card ready to go, and I have Rayman O. & Hotshots coming at some point, but I don't know when. There not a big deal, as they where a last minute decision to take advantage of Amazons 2 for 1 deal. Hopefully they'll ship from a local distro center, as I sometimes get orders in 1-2 days, and other times they can take a week or more.

As far as digital VS. physical, I always go with the physical unless it isn't availible. When patapon 2 was released on the PSP, it was digital only in the US and both in the UK. I actually imported the UK version so I could have a physical copy.

Normally digital games are smaller and cheaper like stardust and escape plan, so I don't mind the digital aspect as the publishers are releasing quality bang for your buck, but I see no reason at all to pay 45 dollars for uncharted when I can have the actual game for 5 more bucks. Now if uncharted was half of or something, I may consider it, but the 10% savings that Sony is currently offering is a joke.

I get tired of some games, and finish others all the time and being able to sell them helps pay for new games. I spend very little new money every year, as I just sell the old to pay for the new, and then I try to get deals on the new like the current 2 for 1 offer. It all works out great. Plus I keep games in perfect condition, so I always get top dollar when I resale.

Chris

Yeah, I agree on most points. It does take a crazy amount of replay-ability for me to know I'd likely hang onto a game forever. Even so, the allure of having most of my games already on the device with no card-swapping or anything is just so tempting. But yeah, it's pretty easy to find games for cheaper at retail vs. downloads, which is sad. They talk about that in this article: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2012/02/why-sony-needs-to-be-flexible-on-ps-vita-download-pricing.ars

I finally got my Amazon shipment confirmation(due by the end of the day tommorow). Hopefully my UPS guy will see fit to drop it off before lunch, but I'm sure I won't see him until dinner. LOL

Chris

Looks like mine is scheduled for delivery by end of tomorrow. Not good, seeing as I have a ton of deadlines to complete (wait, why am I here?). Gonna restrict myself from playing with it till my work is done.

Any of you know if a JP account will work on it, and for JP PSN? I don't see myself buying any US games on the market (yet) but I do want to get MHP3 on it.

Any account will work on it, but keep in mind that you can only have 1 account at a time, meaning if you buy a PS Vita game from USA, but you're on a Japanese account you'll have to log onto (factory reset) your USA account to play it.

Waiting for mine now, got confirmation that it's with the local Royal Mail ( oh dear god! ) for delivery today.

I'm hoping it'll come before lunchtime, as I have to drop into the city to grab my copy of Golden Abyss then head into work.

I've read about the 1 account thing (and am pretty irritated by it, since I have 2 PSN accounts, one US and one JP), but my main concern was whether I'd be able to get to the JP market from a US machine. If v1 turns out to be hackable, I'll likely end up hacking it and getting a 2nd Vita later like I did with my PSPs.

Seriously, the idea that each memory card and Vita are tied to each other and can't switch accounts without a factory wipe and reset seems like a weak excuse to make it 1 machine per user, per account (meaning more money in their pockets). I'll live with it for now, since games are region-free... but that brings up another question.

I haven't used my PS3 much, and haven't downloaded any PSN games on it. My understanding is that PSN-downloaded games are tied to the PSN account, so doesn't that mean if I use my JP account I'll only be able to access JP games I've bought, and not the US games I've bought with my US account? :mellow:

you can have multiple accounts on a vite, but only one account per memory card, if you want a US and one JP account on vita, simply own 2 memory cards

The memory card thing was what was originally reported, but Sony is right, it is way to much work now. Hopefully they will simplify it at some point but I doubt it.

The vita basically only accepts one account per unit, so the only way to log on to the other markets is to wipe your system clean(factory reset), and go thru the initial start up process from scratch every time you want to use a differant market. So it's not impossible, but they make it very hard to even want to deal with it.

I never bothered to use differant region markets on my consoles, and this is even worse, so I don't think I'll ever bother with it. Just being able to play import games straight out of the box is good enough for me. :D

Chris

Like the other two said, it's not just a matter of switching memory cards. There was a "yes it's easy/no it's difficult" back and forth going on with the media before it finally settled on the official "only one account per Vita per card, you need to factory wipe both before you can switch accounts."

I'd really, really like to know why they did it that way, because it would seem to me that it'd be just as easy to just have a 1 memory card per profile thing going and they'd still make money.

Finally got my Vita and extortionately overpriced memory card. Game had even priced the memory card above RRP, for a little extra rape. I hope the price crashes and I can pick up a 32GB one cheap in a few months.

Finally got my Vita and extortionately overpriced memory card. Game had even priced the memory card above RRP, for a little extra rape. I hope the price crashes and I can pick up a 32GB one cheap in a few months.

Gamestop across the street from my work opens in half an hour. I can barely stand it! :D

Looking forward to hearing what you folks think of it. :)

The UPS flight with mine on it is still 1h 20m away or so from arrival... good thing I have work to keep me busy else I'd be getting restless all day waiting for it. :p

Back