SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

Just traded in my 3DS and some games, and paid off the rest of my Vita pre-order. It's going to be a long week! :D
I have a 3ds and ive never played it.Wouldn't get much if i traded it in though so will hold on to it.I shall buy a vita though even though ill just barely be able to afford it.It's more my style than 3ds.
I'm not sure if you have a Gamestop where you are, or some kind of similar game shop, but Ebay is always a good choice if your unit is like new and complete. I sold my original Phat DS on Ebay right when the lite model cam out, and I got about $130 for my complete system(original box, manuals, metroid demo ect.). I would imagine you could get a good amount if you are an ambasador member, and your unit is like new. You could probably get very close to retail(minus Ebay & Paypal fees of course)

Right now Gamestop here in the states is running extra credit promotions, so they are a good alternative at times, but I personally refuse to sell them anything, so they can mark it up 80% after I leave.

Chris

for you US customers, Target is having a buy 2 vita games, get one free all of next week, but im sure their selection will suck, so either get in early, or help flood amazon with price match requests, but chances are, amazon will do it as well, so keep a look out

Just traded in my 3DS and some games, and paid off the rest of my Vita pre-order. It's going to be a long week! :D
I have a 3ds and ive never played it.Wouldn't get much if i traded it in though so will hold on to it.I shall buy a vita though even though ill just barely be able to afford it.It's more my style than 3ds.
I'm not sure if you have a Gamestop where you are, or some kind of similar game shop, but Ebay is always a good choice if your unit is like new and complete. I sold my original Phat DS on Ebay right when the lite model cam out, and I got about $130 for my complete system(original box, manuals, metroid demo ect.). I would imagine you could get a good amount if you are an ambasador member, and your unit is like new. You could probably get very close to retail(minus Ebay & Paypal fees of course)

Right now Gamestop here in the states is running extra credit promotions, so they are a good alternative at times, but I personally refuse to sell them anything, so they can mark it up 80% after I leave.

Chris
Sure we have gamestop and a chain store called 'game' whom are in financial difficultys.Gamestops markups are BS though for sure.E-bays a good spot alright.Might hold onto 3ds just in case some games comes out that interests me.

@Wrath Of Khan

Yeah, if you don't really need to sell it, I would recomend you keep it. I plan to keep mine until Nintendo offers up an improve unit(bigger screen, better sweet spot, second analog built in, ect.)

There are several nice games out currently, and many more on the way. Super Mario Land 3D is awesome, a true return to mario roots with new things mixed in. Mario Kart is Great, but it is MK, so if you don't like the series this won't move you in any way. I'm currently playing Resident Evil Revelations and enjoying it every step of the way. I never played Metal Gear 3, and that is due next week(the demo is due out tommorow), so I plan to get that one as well, if I like the demo of course.

The eshop has been rocking the last 2 months with several great titles, and those are are fairly cheap and offer a very good bang for the buck experiance.

Well, back on topic. Does anyone plan to get the Vita "First Edition Bundle" today? Sadly I couldn't justify the extra $100 bucks for a game/case/3g that I dont want. Having it a week early would have been nice, but oh well. I currently have everything except the VIta. Uncharted and my 8gb memory card arrived monday, and my Hori carry case and screen protector arrived about a month ago, so next wed., I'm ready to go. Bring on the VITA ;)

Chris

1week2go.jpg

It's almost like people want the vita to fail.If their not careful it could become a self fulfilling prophecy.Why can't they just enjoy the damn thing.Doubtless that article is fabricated tosh.
Well, if you all remember there where similar articles about the 3DS after it released last year. Since the web has begin, it now allows for anyone to be a journalist, no matter what qualifications you have. Garbage in, Garbage out. :p

Chris

It's almost like people want the vita to fail.If their not careful it could become a self fulfilling prophecy.Why can't they just enjoy the damn thing.Doubtless that article is fabricated tosh.
Well, if you all remember there where similar articles about the 3DS after it released last year. Since the web has begin, it now allows for anyone to be a journalist, no matter what qualifications you have. Garbage in, Garbage out. :p

Chris
True enough.Armchair journalism.Yeah was same nonsense about 3ds and now it's doing fine.I for one am looking forward to this baby.

Crazy wicked offers running in the states right now.

Target has buy 2, get one free on Vita games. They also give a free 4gb memory card with Wifi unit purchase. Their game selection is kinda of stale, but a good deal still.

Gamestop has buy 2, get one free on first party Vita games only. Not great, but not bad if your getting Uncharted, Wipeout, Hot Shots ect(I believe 5 diiferant first party titles availible).

Finally, Amazon http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=3010556011 has matched all of the above deals and their selection ROCKS! Buy 2 games, get one free and their selection has just about every game relising this week. They also just started to give a 4gb memory card with the Wifi units as well.

I had my Vita preordered, and it was due to ship tommorow so I contacted Amazon, and they added the 4gb card to my order. So technically I'm getting a 250 Vita, with memory out the gate which is what Sony should have offered from the begining. I'll probaly sell it, as I already have an 8gb card, but still cool.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon.de has send my Unit Yesterday (Yesterday, all my troubles seems so far away..(at this point of the beatles lyrik, i cant remenber the text)...oh i belief in yesterday) whit the german delieferer "Hermes", but its only the Unit, no Memorycard, no games, no asesiores, because i preordered the Vita and the other things seperatly, there will be 4 Packets, and tomorow i will get the memorykart (priceless (costless because a preorderaktion from Amazon) and Unchartet (my first Unchartet as i ditnt own a PS3), Touch my Katamari (beside the rubish title a great Gameplay) and Little Deviants ..

So today i can unpack the Ps Vita, and playing tomorow ..

I'm thinking of just cancelling my pre-order and picking one up on the highstreet tomorrow, I'm not confident that Gamestop will even deliver it to me by tomorrow... no shipping notification yet, which would mean it's probably shipping on the 22nd, which is pretty much unacceptable for a pre-order!

The Memorycard was send: but as normal mail letter, thats great because whe get the mail in the morning , this means the psvita things are coming in 3 pakets and 1 mail letter , not in 4 packets..

Is that Target 4GB thing online somewhere? I can't seem to find it. I just switched my order from Amazon to Target this past week since Target is giving a $20 Target gift card with it.

Is that Target 4GB thing online somewhere? I can't seem to find it. I just switched my order from Amazon to Target this past week since Target is giving a $20 Target gift card with it.
Actually, I believe the $20 gift card is their deal. Most users on forums just refer to it as a 4gb memory card deal, since that is about the only Vita item you can get for 20 dollars. Sorry about that, it was a mix up on my wording.

I'm also guessing that is why Amazon matched their deal with an actual 4gb card instead of a 20 buck credit. I did read this morning for those who preordered their Wifi Vita earlier thru Amazon, that they will add a 20 dollar credit to your Amazon account good for Vita games and accesories within 2 days of your order shipping.

I originally had my unit preordered at Gamestop, but Amazon offered delivery day shipping for .99 and no tax, so I found them to be the best deal at the time. I did see the Target offer with the 20 Dollar gift card, but I fifgured that would just cover my taxes, so not really a good deal unless early morning pick up is important.

Last night I contacted Amazon, and I got them to add a 4gb card to my order for free. Then I read this morning about the credit being issued later this week. Hopefully I'll get that to, but no big deal if I don't. I'll probably sell of the 4gb card, as I already have an 8gb ready to go.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my shipping notification from Gamestop... calming down slightly now. Just got to worry about the fact that nobody will be home tomorrow to receive the bloody thing!

Will be popping out at lunch to pick up Golden Abyss which my wife pre-ordered for me, and probably a memory card if I want to actually *do* anything.

Back