SONY PS5 (PlayStation 5)

why would anyone want 8k?
a VR implementation.

This is really the only valid use-case for "8k" capability. If you can render 8k in real time, then you can render two stereoscopic 4k streams in real time. Anybody who's used a VR headset knows that they magnify (quite literally) pixel pitch issues, so you really need very high resolution for a good experience.

Personally, I'm not interested in most of what VR has to offer. What I am interested in is the ability to use it as a wide-angle, head-tracking monitor replacement in racing sims. I have a racing seat and a fairly decent force-feedback wheel and pedal setup, but the experience is somewhat let down by having to use a flat monitor. If sony can do away with that necessity with a good VR headset... I just might buy one of their consoles for the first time since the PS2.

Reactions: ___
It most certainly won't.
Haven't watched this particular video, I guess they're all the same content-wise.
They should stop putting more and more useless tat in their controllers each iteration.
SSD was a logical and necessary step.
The only interesting fact I've heard is backwards compatibility. That's a good choice.

This upcoming generation is the first time I'm worried that it might be the last generation of home consoles. Their current audience is heading more and more to PC, and the new audience they should be building is hooked on mobile instead.

I think mobile has the right idea, that the ideal gaming device is something you carry with you at all times. Not sure how to apply that to consoles though.

Reactions: rSl
Broken image?

Anyway, for those who are curious to see it, here's what it looks like. Nintendo GameCube style!

lian-li-pc-tu200b-aluminium-mini-itx-mobility-casing-black-cgionline-1708-25-CGIOnline@5.jpg

Whatever the case (no pun intended) may be... it's so convenient to have a handle on it :)

Image is showing up for me now. It must be the crappy internet that we have here in Australia. Pages/images take longer than usual to load up :D

Sony is officially skipping E3 again this year, despite the launch of PS5. I think the consensus so far is that this says more about E3 than it does about Sony.

Nintendo and Microsoft still plan to be on the show floor though. Microsoft has been doing its E3 press conferences at its own location for a few years, but they still have press there.

Sony only started State of Play recently. If you remember, they were at E3 2018, and got upset with the gaming press's lackluster reaction to their decision to only showcase four games during their conference.

According to some people, they're now planning to reveal the PS5 a few months before E3. Would be nice.

New report says Sony is struggling to keep the cost of making PS5 consoles down.

The weird part is where they say it's because smartphone makers are buying up all the parts they need. How powerful do smartphones need to be?

Certainly, it is a problem that people these days are willing to pay twice as much for a good smartphone as a good console. This could be how consoles end.

How powerful do smartphones need to be?

Powerful enough to track and monitor you seamlessly and invisibly while browsing Facebook and playing Candy Crush and streaming adverts. Apparently.

I'm saving. PS5 is the first (and perhaps last) console I'm still excited for. I still use my PS4 daily.
Post automatically merged:

people these days are willing to pay twice as much for a good smartphone as a good console

Unfortunately I feel most "normies" are oblivious. They're happy to sign up for years at a time to mobile phone contracts, and are sold on "bells and whistles" they don't need by sales staff only motivated by commision.

To be fair, phones are more portable and muti-function than consoles, and have wider appeal.

Each to their own.

Last edited:
As long i have this big Backlog on my PS2, i wouldnt buy a PS5..
This is also a Reason i bought a XBOX ONEX (and not because the Shop ditnt had GTA5 for PS4)..

Back